Custom shop designs. Be warned

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodgins

Reaction score
I thought I'd pay the extra for the convenience of having plug n play ply panels. Searched about and plumped with Custom shop designs as the advertised "guaranteed to fit cnc cut panels"

https://www.facebook.com/Customshopdesigns/?fref=ts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I paid for kick panels, sliding door panel, tailgate panel,rear and front roof panels. The tailgate ones holes didn't line up that great at all, I had to trim off 5" off the length off the rear roof panel and trim the edges down, advised to use a Stanley knife by the lad I spoke to when I rang up asking how to fit it as it was too long, the sliding door panel didn't fit and not one hole lined up. They offered a £15 refund on £120 or another panel cut for the sliding door. I mean, really?! That takes the micheal. I offered to have the cost of the materials and they refund the remaining £80 as not exactly confident the last 3 panels would fit given the first 3 didn't. Nope no refund at all. For "guaranteed to fit as cnc cut from templates they're a joke and had the neck to say I shouldn't of altered the roof panel if there was a problem. They bloody told me to! And I still get to look forward to making the other panels fit..... :x

Just bought 13 panels from these too, some have holes in right place and some are offset, a friend had mentioned though that the original clips are offset? Not sure if this is correct or not but am going to find out. Fit seems good for panel sizes though. Was thinking of getting a complete headliner from them too but will wait to see.

I bought some CNC cut panels from a place on eBay, they were a pain to fit but most of the panels went in with no issue.

Problem is there are a couple of interior differences between late and early bay, then LHD and RHD so chances are there will always be a few bits you need to trim but sounds like yours were a long way off!

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

I bought a set from ebay - cheapest ones if I remember right but can't remember what brand.

The trim holes don't line up well so I'm going to fit them with self tappers. Not ideal but it'll have to do!

As said above, for the door cards etc the holes are offset and the clips then slot in. If you're wanting to line them up and use a different type of fastener then you'd be better either making your own or trying to get some without holes.

The offset does make it a bit if a pain when fitting the clips and getting them snug etc but I guess it's so the fasteners can then be invisible .

So, having a look at my panels, it seems that they all require offset clips except the sliding door panel and the tailgate panel, I think I get 2 in each of the bulkhead which all require straight through clips. Got both being delivered tomorrow so will confirm this.

I fitted my panels without any clips, and ordered them without the trim holes. Might be worth considering for anyone in the future; if you order them from the eBay seller, message them and ask for no fixing holes.. Then drill your own?

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

Marshy said:
So, having a look at my panels, it seems that they all require offset clips except the sliding door panel and the tailgate panel, I think I get 2 in each of the bulkhead which all require straight through clips. Got both being delivered tomorrow so will confirm this.

Yep, that's how it should be I think.

I'm so hacked off tbh. I made my own side panel as they would only do it as 2 pieces and I wanted it as 1 piece.

What was left of the old panel all lovely and flaky

I took out the ashtray as don't need it

For being down the 120 I wish I'd made my own from the start now!

Looks good, was on with fitting this morning, general fit is ok, but as you said the side panel is in 2 pieces. Need to cut out for the fuel neck. The offset clips need to be used, but after trying these I think it would be better to get panels with no holes in and use the through clips.

They're not that hard to make with basic tools. My top tip is use a grinder for the majority as quicker, with both garage doors open for ventilation :lol:

Like I said, wish I'd not wasted the ton twenty, but thought I was paying for the "convenience" of plug and play

Latest posts