Customs c386 expiry?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony73tt

Reaction score
Hi all
Bought an early bay around 2 years ago, this was from a guy who imported it and did a little work, then I bought it. The C386 is here with the bus, just wondering if there was an expiry date on it? Or does it not matter how long my bus takes to finish. Also can't get birth certificate from Germany for mine, will it be easy or difficult to convince DVLA the birth date?

Thanks in advance :D

As far as I know they don't have a life-span, Graham from earlybay is the man to ask, nice chap, mine of information.....
If you've the time to wait, Germany is the way to go for birth certificates, if not there is a scam with the vintage vw owners club.....

no need for a birth certificate as long as you have an american title confirming the age of the vehicle.

Ive written dating/aging letters before. Its an option. :)

Hello,

I'm just in the process of registering my imported bus.
The C386 is NOT valid anymore you will need to request a NOVA letter from HMRC.

You can email the Car Team on <[email protected]> with scans of your C386 and of your US title.

Have a look at this thread: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60884&hilit=nova&start=0

Let me know if you have any questions, GrahamL has done lots of times so is more of an expert...

Good luck!

Andy

I have sent scans over to customs car import team etc, now I'm really confused. I received a letter stating that can confirm that the duty etc has been paid??? Does that mean I will get a nova letter next? Or do I need to contact them again and ask for the nova?

Thanks Tony. :(

Latest posts