Cycling - who does?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've just bought a s/h charge mixer ..... not ridden for years:

f88f257a-e36b-448e-bdc0-ecc658779cf9.jpg

My bikes are the reason I can't put the camper in the garage:
Specialized Allez for the road
Lapierre Zesty for off-road
Specialized Globe for the Mrs
Kona Fire Mountain with kiddy seat for the little'n
Old School Specialized Big Hit for downhill
I needed some space so I got rid of the BMX!

About to buy a Planet X Pro Carbon frame to upgrade the Allez. Without my bikes and my daily commute I'd be fat and would have gone insane by now (2 kids in the last 3 years!!)

Cool thread. Decided I'd get a new bike after only having duff ones for years. Agonized over Road or mountain or hybrid and went Road in the end. So glad. I love it more than I expected. 1500 miles in under a year and wearing all the gear. Even on Strava and doing a sportive next spring. Not very 'me' at all. Love it!

jesara5a.jpg

Oh and still kept old creaky thing for the kids seat. Also lots of fun!

uqu6ygub.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hello
Mountain biking for me ( but living in Suffolk it's more off road than mountain )
I get out two or there times a week and we usually head towards Wales a couple of times a year to get some down hill action in :D
I find its a good way to clear your head after a few beers or a bad day at work
Norm :D

norm said:
Hello
Mountain biking for me ( but living in Suffolk it's more off road than mountain )
I get out two or there times a week and we usually head towards Wales a couple of times a year to get some down hill action in :D
I find its a good way to clear your head after a few beers or a bad day at work
Norm :D

Couldn't agree more Norm, the ride to work energises me and wakes me up, the ride home clears my head and takes away some stress and again the endorphins give me a nice energy boost so when I walk in the door I can keep up with my 2 year old who seems to have endless energy.

Here are my recent additions.

Just got back from a week in Devon with the Whyte and it's fantastic at making me a better rider. 29'ers really work

Sydney1 said:
Here are my recent additions.
Just got back from a week in Devon with the Whyte and it's fantastic at making me a better rider. 29'ers really work

Nice bikes :D

lcfmonkey said:
My bikes are the reason I can't put the camper in the garage:
Specialized Allez for the road
Lapierre Zesty for off-road
Specialized Globe for the Mrs
Kona Fire Mountain with kiddy seat for the little'n
Old School Specialized Big Hit for downhill
I needed some space so I got rid of the BMX!

Looked at the Zesty's and if I was going to stick with 26's I would have gone for the 314 but opted for the Whyte29er instead. Saw a beautiful black and gold zesty recently but must have been from a few years ago as can't find any trace online.

I love cycling too. I've a two road bikes, one for commuting and one for weekend club rides and triathlons. I don't commute every day though, maybe once or twice a week - its 33 miles each way and even then I usually drive part way and cycle the 'last' 18 miles.

i have 3.....

trek mtb in shed seen about 40miles in 3yrs,i have a specialized secuteur elite for weekend rides and sportives from 30-74 miles depending on how much guiness consumed night b4 and my 3rd is a giant scr3 road bike which i commute all year round just shy of 4miles each way and the speedo shows just over 4k on it with the 3rd battery but the total was wiped the first time i changed the battery :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: me and technology so true figure is about 5.5k having used 3 sets of tyres 5 sets of brake pads all round and 4 chains.
trying to convince the better half to get me a full carbon road bike but so far no joy :cry: :cry: :lol:

null_zpsc320f3f8.jpg

null_zpsfdd9ff96.jpg

Here's a picture of my bad-boy, did The RideLondon-Surrey100 miler in August loved it so much I signed up for it again for next year :shock:

Caboose - nice one, I'm in the ballot for next year :)

I started mountain biking about a year ago but I am now laid up for a while when I came off and broke my collar bone in 3 places
Ouch!!!

Morville78 said:
Pickles said:
Clem said:
Caboose - nice one, I'm in the ballot for next year :)
Me too along with 80,000 others :roll:
I'm one the 80,000 hopefuls.
Cheers clem,pickles I did that this year didn't get in that way, then registered with a charity, next year I've gone straight for the charity. Good luck on getting through it was a brilliant day out.

Living in the Peaks it's mountain biking all the way for me, lucky enough to work a day a week teaching Mountain Biking to kids in my local school where they have a purpose built 500m track with some North Shore and Rock Gardens we've built, sometimes get the jumps out too.

As a matter of fact anyone around who fancies a challenge then please enter this, it is just a challenge not a race but takes in some cracking riding and there is a long and short route, loads of free cake and drink with soup and food at the end, plus wait for it....a free mug!

It's £20 to enter but it is a crackingly friendly day and proceeds go to the school PTFA and Edale Mountain Rescue and you never know when you'll need them - the Mountain Rescue not the PTFA.

http://www.hvcollege.com/index.php/events/mountain-bike-challenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

cheers

My bikes are both old school, I built this to race in 1986, did a few races, road & TT, did the Tour of Mid Wales '89 & '90 Chris Boardman rode in '89 and was amazing and stuffed us.

Decided to restore it a couple of years ago (it looks better in the pic than it was), and found out my pinarello frame was actually a Benotto

All Campag, mavic rims, rolls saddle, Cinelli bars & stem - old school :mrgreen:
Sadly don't get out as much as I'd like though.
My other bike is an '88 USA Raleigh Technium mountain bike.

Latest posts