Danbury interior dilemma.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Molbyj

Reaction score
As I now have a little one I need at least 3 seat belted seats and was wondering if any you guys had any ideas?
I pretty sure none of the Danbury seats are capable of having seat belts attached so I'm thinking do I need to think about a different interior? Would seem a shame as my interior is in good nick?

Any thoughts?

Ross

Not sure what you mean. Seat belts on buses are attached to the seatbelt mounts on the body - not the seats.

I thought the seat had to be of a secure construction, the seats in a Danbury are just boxes with loose lids with the cushions not fixed down.

I couldn't put up with risking the old set up so upgraded to a bluebird rnr seat/bed in the back. With three seat belts, one lap belts and two inertia from the body mounts as trikky says. The sliding seats i have now fixed in position, but can be removed easily. I couldn't accept the safety of the old set up if im honest.

Al

I've only got a few more butcould take more specific if you want.

couldn't rotate this

We sold the sink unit as we didn;t use it and we needed space for 3 boys. Still got the table, legs etc. I also semi fixed the buddy boxes with the cooker in position althought htey canbe lifted out so we can cook in the awning or outside. I took off and set aside the runners etc in case of change of mind inthe future, but again i don't think i would ever allow people to travel in their seat position in these anyway as the backs are only 12mm ply and no seat belts.

Let me know if you want any specific pictures.

The boxes used to have dodgy old vinyl covering them so i took this off and primed, painted and then varnished the woodwork, and the RNR seat bases. It looks pretty in keeping. I didn't go mad with the prep so it has an old/retro look. Still looks ok after 4 years or use..

Cheers Al

Hey matt-me - sorry to hijack and be off-topic but do you know if its still possible to get those nice radio blanking plates like yours??

Ta,
Krim

Krim said:
Hey matt-me - sorry to hijack and be off-topic but do you know if its still possible to get those nice radio blanking plates like yours??

Ta,
Krim

Mine was in the bus, you can just see the radio unit under, but C&C do them ..

http://www.customandcommercial.com/vw-baywindow/interior_parts/dash_parts/german_quality_dash_radio_blanking_plate_68-79_672/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cheers

Al

Latest posts