dash top repair

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hogseye

Reaction score
has anyone tried repairing the padded dash top when its cracked? was wondering if you can epoxy the cracks and shrink wrap it somehow?

How bad are the cracks you have got?

I filled a few in on my dash with black milliput, its not perfect but with a bit of time you could replicate the texture somewhat with a cocktail stick before it dries.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Its a Texas truck so it's gone hard and has about 5 cracks in it, early 68 so high ridge would like to keep it, could use as is its only a pick up but if i can make it look a bit more presentable that would be good

What he said. I fixed mine will milliput then sprayed the whole thing in etch primer and then hammerite satin

At the time it was cause I was p1ss3d off as some vinyl paint I tried didn't work

Heyho the hammerite worked a treat

Go figure

I used sugru to fix mine and was very happy with the results. If the crack is quite wide you can Impress something into it to replicate the texture too. I'll see if I can dig up a before and after shot

I will need to fix my 68 only pad as well ,have a later one on at the mo but when I finish the resto it will have to go on. I say finish ,not started yet.

ec59ef8e268acc0ef48b20f028803a13.jpg
f0f13b6d8e284824320b62ea684314de.jpg
149ddd3c0d188871a8545a6b605758be.jpg

These are some of the sugru repairs we did. They look better in natural light than in those pictures though. I just squashed it into the gaps then smoothed off any excess. I found something with a similar texture to press over the wider gaps. We've also used sugru to do a temporary but good repair to the front windscreen seal where we had a bit of a leak.

Latest posts