Deluxe bumper trims

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ib-bus

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 1970 Deluxe and I am now looking to buy a set of Clipper bumper trims and as you may know they are not that easy to get in good shape.
At one time I had a pair of NOS rear trims but couldn't find the front ones or the rubbers for it , so I posted my NOS trims up for sale on The Samba. A gentleman here in the States purchased this from me saying he wanted to reproduce them so we made a deal.
Many years later I found myself looking for a complete set again so I went to that gentleman's website just yesterday and to my surprise he is now reproducing bumper trims for early bays.
He's got the trims for '68 and '69 available for purchase but the '70 to '72 are not yet available so I contacted him to find out when would this be ready and he says he had plans to do those next including the rubbers but demand has not been that great for early bay trims.
He did not know about this website so I told him I would post a thread here to see if anyone else was interested.
Here are some pictures.

68-69 trims , this are not the same as split , they fit your baywindow bumper.
Front

Rear

70-72

70-72 rubber

Split bus trims.

This is the link to their website.

http://www.westlingmachine.com/EarlyBayTrim.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must say I am not related to his business in any way , in fact I have purchased 2 sets of split bus trims from him for my customers and got no stinking discount :lol: , good quality stuff tough.

Thanks for the heads up - I need a set for my 68 :)

There's a guy on eBay (in the uk) that sells the 69-71 bumper trim - can't remember his I'd, but you'll find him easy enough.

mcvw said:

There's a guy on eBay (in the uk) that sells the 69-71 bumper trim - can't remember his I'd, but you'll find him easy enough.

I found them on ebay , they are from Alan Schofields. I wonder if they trade at Busfest , I would like to see the quality of them.

ib-bus said:
mcvw said:

I found them on ebay , they are from Alan Schofields. I wonder if they trade at Busfest , I would like to see the quality of them.

They usually have a big tent there :)

We sell a full set of these too:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Bumper-Trims-Polished-with-Rubber-Insert-T2-Bay-68-72-241707898_act_shop.product_pID_195329.htm?crumbStartPage=1&crumbStartRow=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

70173E76-3D40-4542-BCF9-83F61EDE28BA.jpg

Latest posts