• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deluxe Clock for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leon

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia
I have a clock that is in very good condition, but has no tock!
I'm not really sure what they are worth, so i will say £100 with postage ono.
I will post a picture tomorrow if anyone shows interest. Failing that i'll stick it on ebay
Cheers.

Just for reference, I sold a mint early deluxe clock for £115 at the Volksworld show and saw them for for sale from Traders last weekend for £120 which is the going rate is it seems (£85 - £125, working condition dependent). It would be worth more fixed, is there someone who can do this for you?

I don't know of anybody who fixers them, no! Might have a look in the back to see if there is owt obvious. I could take it to the local watch repair shop i suppose.

This guy does all gauges , I'm sure someone on here sent a clock to be fixed by him
http://www.jdo1.com/

Harlequin said:
This guy does all gauges , I'm sure someone on here sent a clock to be fixed by him
http://www.jdo1.com/

Cheers for that. If people are asking tops £120 for these then i'm not too far off my asking price! I'll probably except less, but if it worked then i'd want closer to top price!

Any one interested?

Here's a couple of pics.

2008_0711cloak0075.jpg

2008_0711cloak0080.jpg

anyone buying a non-working clock is going to pay alot less, simply because there's a risk that it can't be fixed. I bought a non-working clock on spec last year and sent it to JDO who fixed and g'teed it and it's been working perfectly since but the price I paid reflected the risk I took.

WHS^^^ You would expect to be nearer the 50 notes mark for a non working clock, but hey you never know....

i would take it off you for 50 notes :D .

100 is too much for a non starter, sorry

I used JDO to repair my deluxe clock. I think he charged me around £40.00.

The turnround was really quick and the clock still works perfectly.

He guaranteed his repair for 12 months too.

If you are feeling brave you can swap the mechanism yourself.

VDO supplied electric clock mechanisms for early Volvo and Saab clocks which seem more plentiful. These are exactly the same as those fitted to VW clocks.

I picked up a spare (as you do) on fleabay for less then £10.00.

It seems there is always someone willing to pay lots for rare VW spares regardless of condition.

Deluxe speedo with trip counter anyone..You can just about name your price.

Stirlingmoz

Cheers everyone.
I think at only £50 i may as well keep it(thanks for the offer johnny). It still looks pretty, even without the tock.

stump ut to have it repaired and there should still be a profit in it plus you'll get a lot more interest on an auction site to drive the price up......

i fixed mine, chances are the shitty solder wire fuse has gone, just bridge it up with a bit of wire and then put a fuse externaly to the clock, sorted ;)

mIKe cAIn said:
i fixed mine, chances are the shitty solder wire fuse has gone, just bridge it up with a bit of wire and then put a fuse externaly to the clock, sorted ;)

I think i fell at the first hurdle! Couldn't even get the back off it, undid the 2 screws then tryed to lift the cover off and wouldn't budge. Didn't want to force it in fear of causing more damage. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers.

Having removed the two knurled nuts you have to break the seal.

Thats the blue round thing in your picture.

It's only there so a dealer or repairer can see if its been tampered with.

It's quite brittle and will come apart without too much force.

The white housing will then pull off and you can see the inner works (and the little fuse)

Try this link for more detailed instructions.

http://www.aircooledtech.com/vdo_repair/

Araon is right though. Once repaired, you will have no difficulty selling it.

Good luck with it

Stirlingmoz

Excellent, most grateful. :)
I was a little concerned about invalidating my warranty :lol: :lol:

Just whipped the back off, and it would appear the fuse has blown. Looks like the price stands. :)
I'll check it in the morning.
Cheers everyone!

Right, i've just run a piece of wire, where the fuse once was, and connected it back up to the battery. Hey presto, it's working :D
So, readvertised as deluxe clock, in very good condition and has it's tock. £100 no offers.

Latest posts