Deluxe Laundry Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leon said:
Hey matt, what was the problem in the end? Was it just the compressor?

Hi Leon, good to see you at the weekend :D

I haven't changed the compressor yet but is on the 'to do' list. All I done was raised the bus up in the air and inflated the shocks
while the wheels were off the floor.

I guess this should have been done to start of with and I think I was quite lucky that I didn't blow the bags on the shocks :shock:

Had a little play on my iPhone with the camera and settings and managed to get this result :) Its amazing what you can do :)

32d06caf.jpg

Matt Maz said:
Had a little play on my iPhone with the camera and settings and managed to get this result :) Its amazing what you can do :)

32d06caf.jpg

Now that is an amazing pic 8) You have to love the Iphone ;)

See you Friday

Jon

I've just got back from another trip to Slamwerks and couldnt stop grinning on the way home :mrgreen:

It seems that they are doing quite a few tubs for us Earlybay lot -

Tubs.jpg

I'm very happy with the finish and I no longer get the tyre rubbing. It's been dropped down another inch on the front
and I decided to keep the airshocks meaning that I can drop it down even further :D

Here are the pictures with air in the shocks -

TubbedAir1.jpg

TubbedAir2.jpg

And with the air let out -

TubbedNoAir.jpg

TubbedNoAir2.jpg

I still have a massive amount of clearance even with the air out but I am going to leave it as it is because I think I have finally achieved the look that I have been after :D

A couple of side shots -

TubbedSide.jpg

TubbedSide2.jpg

I have to say a big thanks to Guy and Tom for also sorting out my brakes before I left. I know they have got a big task with getting the new workshop finished but they still found the time to sort a couple of issues on the bus.

That looks ace Matt was it ok riding at that height, ill drop mine another inch now so you don't get lonely down there all by yourself :lol:

Thanks for your comments guys :D

Karle, yes it was fine, I made sure that the van was loaded when the tracking was done as that is when I do the most amount of miles and put the air in when loaded too. There was about the same clearence as you had in Spa, but remember you did have 4 people plus LOADS of luggage :D

Do it.....you know it makes sense 8)

I was happy with mine till you lot started tubbin !!!!Might have to take another trip to Derby F@#k that looks bad ass ........... :evil:

that looks wicked mate. what it like to drive now you got tubs

davebug said:
I was happy with mine till you lot started tubbin !!!!Might have to take another trip to Derby F@#k that looks bad ass ........... :evil:

DITTO.... stop all this sic tubbing, i need to spend money on my Beetle not my Bus :evil:

Love the look of it now. Just where I want mine to sit. Fuel tank problem to sort out first though. I'll give you a call if you read this Guy and re-book for a later date to get my 3" tubs sorted :lol:

:D :D :D we need 165 45 15 tyre in the uk. i know it doesnt make much difference but every mil counts. how long before someone has a bay "laying frame" obviously not without air but it would be good to see.

and if id not gone to so much effort replacing my full tubs with oe vw tubs, id be staring through them as i speak making up some tubs to match you lot :)

Laundry van looks great in Pics and IRL. Nice to meet up with you and Lisa on BB.
Although you were quite loud on friday... so shhht, cause someone...next year...

Goin'to Spa and/or Chimay 2011? Really need to be in a EB Line up someday, haha!

greetz from the cray Dutch.
laundrydeluxe-tiltshift.jpg

It's been a little while since I updated this and have changed a few things with the interior :D

Fitted one of the beds from Rusty Lee which seems great quality....I'll be sleeping in it next weekend so hopefully it will be as comfortable as my old Danbury interior :mrgreen: Should be getting the new cushions tomorrow :D

SAM_0878.jpg

Also changed some other bits and pieces. I think it suits the van a little better being a bit more rustic.....I know a lot of people prefer the original interiors but I just don't think it would suit my van.

SAM_0943.jpg

SAM_0947.jpg

SAM_0946.jpg

SAM_0939.jpg

SAM_0940.jpg

SAM_0941.jpg

Having the interior set out this way has given us so much more space, although we have lost out on a fair amount of storage space. This has meant that we have had to cust down on what we take away with us.

Because we have less weight it has raised the rear slighty but im happy with this as I won't do more damage to my heat exchanges and gearbox :roll:

SAM_0933.jpg

SAM_0938.jpg

I also had a few runnng issues and also a problem with holes in my fueltank :shock: Thanks to Ollie we had this all sorted within a couple of days :D Engine out, fuel tank out, full service and replace all electrical parts and rebuild carb.....repaired tank and put it all back together and everything now seems fine 8) Have to thank Ollie for all of his help :mrgreen:

SAM_0917.jpg

SAM_0920.jpg

SAM_0919.jpg

SAM_0918.jpg

Can't wait for Ninove and the rest of the summer 8)

Latest posts