Deluxe Microbus Chassis Number

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob83

Reaction score
Hi all,

Do all Deluxe Microbus chassis numbers start with a 24... prefix?

I am looking at an American 1968 deluxe micro bus and the chassis number starts with 22... (Just microbus?) yet the van has all the definative Deluxe goodies!

Any advice would be most helpful,

Many thanks,

Rob

No they don't, US deluxes hardly ever have a 24 prefix

rob83 said:
Hi all,

Do all Deluxe Microbus chassis numbers start with a 24... prefix?

I am looking at an American 1968 deluxe micro bus and the chassis number starts with 22... (Just microbus?) yet the van has all the definative Deluxe goodies!

Any advice would be most helpful,

Many thanks,

Rob

a US microbus had external chrome additions, but it is not an actual "deluxe" and didn't have all the deluxe standard extras,
only a type 24 is a deluxe. (up to lates anyway), it's all to do with the M524 code for US and Canada spec.

check it
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31278" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

then check this :msn4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OGCxcThTY4&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought the whole deluxe 24 thing only applied to european bus's

Mine has everything a deluxe should have as standard, with the exception of a clock but this was an optional extra, and bumper trim but I thought the bumper trim was again a euro thing

It even has the two tone door cards in it, pale grey and black.

I must get the book they call teh bible though to completely eductae myself :)

My Aussie lowlight deluxe has the 22 model number, but has all the deluxe add ons. I don't know why or how it is different, but I still have the original manuals and the selling dealer filled in the chassis number with a D suffix, maybe that's how it's designated in non 24 model countries.

Latest posts