Deluxe trim holes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyeyes

Reaction score
its mike from the other side of the pond...

i have a 68 that i'm making a deluxe... and i was wondering where the holes go?? is there a hole diameter??? how far are they spaced?? is there a diagram??? or can anyone take pics so i can see???

just a bunch of questions... i'm holding out for nothing on this one... i will be having alot more questions too

thanks,
MIke

About 60 holes is what you are looking at here mate. Screw size is determined by the hole in the clips. Exact place for holes would be best found out by looking at one of the many deluxes your side of the pond, but either end of the trim piece and then at pretty close spacing along its length. (60 in total)
Good luck.

Hi Mike,

I already did this for another forum member a while ago now.

Hope it makes sense :)

Cheers,

Mike

I couldn't find the dressmaking tape measure so I had to use a steel rule, and some of the measurements might seem a bit odd, but they are as close as I could get using this rule, so hopefully they'll be useful

I don't have the original o/s cab door or the o/s sliding door cover so I wasn't able to get any measurements for them. I also didn't measure the o/s rear corner - but the hole positions looked the same as the n/s rear corner - but if you want me to measure them I will

I didn't measure the position of the holes - in relation the swage line as they looked bang on central to me.

cab door (n/s)
7 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 38mm from front edge of door
Centre of Hole 2 is 115mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 116mm from centre of Hole 2
Next there's a gap of 29mm from centre of Hole 3 to the left most edge of the wing mirror hole
There's also a 29mm gap from the right most edge of the wing mirror hole to the centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 5 is 233mm from centre of Hole 4
Centre of Hole 6 is 233mm from centre of Hole 5
Centre of Hole 7 is 233mm from centre of Hole 6
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 7 to the right most edge of the door

b-post (n/s)
2 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of post
Centre of Hole 2 is 13mm from centre of Hole 1
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 2 to the right most edge of the post

sliding door (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 295mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 295mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 295mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 295mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 20mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door cover (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 10mm from front edge of cover
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 280mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the cover

Rear corner (n/s)
4 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 20mm from front edge of seam
Centre of Hole 2 is 135mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 135mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 135mm from centre of Hole 3
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 4 to the edge of the panel

Rear hatch (n/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 27mm from front edge of hatch
Centre of Hole 2 is 300mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 300mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 300mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 300mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 10mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

sliding door (o/s)
5 holes
Centre of Hole 1 is 32mm from front edge of the door
Centre of Hole 2 is 297mm from centre of Hole 1
Centre of Hole 3 is 297mm from centre of Hole 2
Centre of Hole 4 is 297mm from centre of Hole 3
Centre of Hole 5 is 297mm from centre of Hole 4
Finally there's a gap of 18mm from centre of Hole 5 to the right most edge of the door

bung it through here then

http://www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nice...

thanks guys... i'm actually glad to hear some metric measurements... the US is pretty much the only stubborn county not using the metric system :lol:

Hiya Mike,

crazyeyes said:
nice...

thanks guys... i'm actually glad to hear some metric measurements... the US is pretty much the only stubborn county not using the metric system :lol:

Actually, it's just us and Togo.

By the way, (not to short circuit Mike - that's impressive data!) were it me having to drill those holes, I'd wander on down to a boneyard with a roll of masking tape and find myself a Baywindow with the beltline chrome stripped off. Place the tape where the beltline chrome used to be and mark the holes. Ready made template!

And as long as we are talking drilling.............anybody from this side of the pond ever see metric drill bits? The only thing I run into around here is the standard size stuff.

Latest posts