Deluxes Pleeeeeease!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danbury Doug said:
Not mine, but one I went to look at a couple of years or so ago, with a view to possibly buying. 8)

Del8.jpg

Del6.jpg

:D
that is like the twin of my van, right down to the numberplate - dvla must have used 'vuk' for loads of their new old registrations

anyone know where it is now?!

I thin certain importers have been given standard letters, my van is MCY and i have seen a few imports with the same letters.

AxlFoley, I was put off when I lifted the rubber floor mat in the rear, and noticed that the cargo floor looked a bit 'crispy' around the edges in a couple of areas. Also there was a rather nasty 'scab' near a headlight, i.e. if I'd I pushed it with my finger, I think it would've gone through! I have to admit though, I was being very fussy, and I had just sold a late bay in almost 'as new' condition with only 6k on the clock!
It (the deluxe) was on ebay, and it ended up selling for less than I'd expected, so I guess that reflected the work which would have been needed on it. :)

Baron, yes, when I first saw your bus on here I had to double check, as I thought at first this was the same bus! Also, on the recent EB cruise thread to an American Diner (can't find that thread just now) there is a panel van in the pics, which also is a 'VUK'. :D

Yep

VUK 937H is Patrick the Panel and yes he was at the Christmas meet in the midlands, not red though but now neptune blue :mrgreen:

Danbury Doug said:
Also, on the recent EB cruise thread to an American Diner (can't find that thread just now) there is a panel van in the pics, which also is a 'VUK'. :D

Silly me, didn't see that thread... directly below this one! :roll: :lol:

vuk = volkswagen uk innit, i think someone at the dvla is being kind to us (for once!) :D

scott wilson said:
sorry still not au fait with all this compu speak...what does WHS mean? and yes i`m getting on a bit but still not a 40+member :)

What he said :roll:

Stick to the surfing :wink:

apparently not a true deluxe according to the codes but i like him none the less his names Monty

BJ_22_175_S.jpg

BJ_22_149_s.jpg

SL370497.jpg

Hoosier said:
^^ :mrgreen: Could have been worse :mrgreen: ^^

The Partners tag was something Mike Earlybay used to do - send a message to the new admin and hopefully they can sort it.

I used to do the ads with members vans on.

retro.james said:
With the 'show' plate on obviously...

obviously :wink: :mrgreen:

and just for the record, partners in chrome is a very loose association of deluxe EB owners, and i take full responsibility for the name :)

we rarely do much, aside from a line up at vanest 2 (?) years ago, and the informal trip to stanford hall pictures

we could and probably should do a bit more, cos as everyone knows, deluxes are where it's at, much better than them pointless panel vans.....

(......he he he)

seriously, it's just a badge of convenience for one of the many chapters of the early bay

Latest posts