Demisting windscreens

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fun I have and probably everyone else, is to get the air flowing I need to be doing about 50mph so end up driving along only being able to see out of a postage stam size gap before it starts to clear. :shock: It's all good fun, I guess could use a rag

mine demists fine around town, and thats with repro exchangers

check all the pipes joints for leaks, and try not get get in sopping wet ;)

I bought some heater fan thing off fleabay for a tenner. 150w heater that plugs into cigar lighter. works a treat for demisiting, and I found some fat screws and mounted it on the old speaker grille in the middle of the dash. genius. Only thing is it makes an annoying noise like a mosquito, drives my girlfriend bonkers but its better than scraping.

Dressed as a terrorist and armed only with a chamois sponge with the wiondows wound right down :msn4:

I have fitted a heat booster from Bluebird, not cheap @ £75 but does the job of demisting like a modern car :)
http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/heat.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yeah I got a fan yet to plumb into the hotair stream for the same purpose thanks to easy.... some people fit the late bay hotair blowers to assist with this.....

but as long as all the seals are "sealing" and everythings in place you should be fine

Are you flipping the lever under the dash in to the demist position Tezzah?

Or it it just taking ages to get any hot air through? Is the main fore aft tube insulated, if not wrap it in some of that foil backed bubble wrap from homebase, are the flap in the heat exchangers open fully.

I found no problem with a stock set up, which including the air filter pre heat system, and thermostatic flaps, it used to clear the screen in about 2 to 3 miles, and be warm by 5 miles.

Why do you think you wear long sleeves in the winter? :p

Late bay blowers works nicely, and if you can find an ambulance fan dash switch you can keep it all looking stock.

Thanks all. The missus panicked when she got the van out tonight, it was frosty on the outside and misty on the inside and no real blower from the vents though it's ok once it warms up.

Questions!!!

What's the best position for the vents (the red and blue levers)? :shock:
Where is this flap under the dash? :oops:

Heellllppp. Thank you. :D

Red Levers all the way down
Blue Levers all the way up (stops cold air)

The flap being referred to is a lever halfway up the circular column that comes up the middle under the dash, theres a lever that sends the air either to your feet or to your screen, can be operated by your foot :mrgreen:,

Harlequin said:
I have fitted a heat booster from Bluebird, not cheap @ £75 but does the job of demisting like a modern car

Hi Harlequin. How do you get on with this? I have been thinking the same route. My heating isn't too bad but does this make a real difference to heating up quicker and demisting. I have a bit of rot where this fan fits anyway so saves a repair where i have blanked the hole off for now anyway.

Cheers

Al

Graham L said:
Red Levers all the way down
Blue Levers all the way up (stops cold air)

The flap being referred to is a lever halfway up the circular column that comes up the middle under the dash, theres a lever that sends the air either to your feet or to your screen, can be operated by your foot :mrgreen:,

Magic, i'll have a look when i get home. As for teh bluebird blower, very interesting, does it work well??? :D

Found the levers, made very little difference for at least 20 mins, lol.

I just used a squeeqie and wiped the window as i moved along, lol.

Maybe some 3rd party demisting thing is called for!!! :D

I fitted the Bluebird blower for demisting only ( I run J tubes & heat from propex) as said it works a treat, but you could fit a blower from a type 4 that will send heat/air to the front of your bus.
I sold this one for £20 at Slough............
PICT0027.jpg

has anyone fitted a heated front screen? I'm thinking of fitting one and running it off the leisure battery as it will only be on for 10 or 15 mins - hopefully!

Latest posts