Devon double louvres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manxfella

Reaction score
I've got a set of Devon double louvre windows to fit onto my 71 bay & I'm after the piece of 'u' shaped PVC / rubber trim that surrounds the aluminium frame & locates the frame into in the window seal. Any suggestions?

I 'think' the double louvres fitted to Devons were sometimes converted panel van style ones? Are they original to your van, and is your van a kombi or a converted panel?

I've got a kombi, the windows are not original to it, but I was given a pair & I think they look great. My only problem appears to be refurbishing them!

I know they fit into the standard window seal, it's just the additional band around the frame that I'm concerned about. The band is obviously there to increase the thickness of the frame to make the width similar to the glass that would normally be held in place by the seal.

i had one of these to fit to a devon we used to have, no sure about the fitment into the rubber side of things but check the sliding door action if you are going to fit one that side. From memory, and this was about 10 years ago, im sure if you fit one in a sliding door it wont open properly. i could be wrong, i fitted a westy one in the end

I've checked the fit on the sliding door & you're right, it won't fit.

I was thinking of cutting the frame down to allow the door to open & close.
Not sure how this will affect the mechanism as this will have to be altered also?

Be nice to have a matching pair of louvres, but it seems like a lot of work!

I've been looking at pics of old devon windows & none of them appear to be fitted to the sliding door, can't tell what's in their place though?

Where there's willing there's a way!

Latest posts