Distinctive import smell?!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete The Greek

Reaction score
Hi guys -does anyone else seem to think that there is a particular smell to a camper that comes from, for example, California or Australia when it arrives in our country? a friend of mine says that he was able to identify the origins of two buses through smell alone at a recent show! One was a Califorian and the other South African... What you think?!!!

Pete The Greek said:
Hi guys -does anyone else seem to think that there is a particular smell to a camper that comes from, for example, California or Australia when it arrives in our country? a friend of mine says that he was able to identify the origins of two buses through smell alone at a recent show! One was a Califorian and the other South African... What you think?!!!

Nothing to do with rust free LHD...........California

Rust free RHD..............south Africa

:msn4: :lol:

my bus was from Washington. I found a bag of weed and condoms. it smelt smells of oil and petrol like all the other air cools I've owned.

Hope you right tho :D

Pete The Greek said:

Did you just called us stinky ? :msn4: :lol:
Mine will make a few stops in Mexico before it arrives in the UK , hope your friend can detect bean burrito aroma :mrgreen:

Mine smelt of mouse wee and poo, I can confidently say it was a mouse as I pulled its carcass from the front air vent
And hoovered a tone of Californian mouse poo out of it :-(

:lol: Bollocks.

They get bug bombed at the docks prior to shipping so I doubt any regional smells are preserved :lol:

We did have one van turn up from Oz still full of camping gear.........and food. That was a distinctive aroma!

dubscum said:
it smelt smells of oil and petrol like all the other air cools I've owned.

Hope you right tho :D

Yep me too - despite the liberal application of Vanilla Magic Trees lol!

Mine smelled of the portaloo that was left in it!

ProfessorWheeto said:

They get bug bombed at the docks prior to shipping so I doubt any regional smells are preserved :lol:

We did have one van turn up from Oz still full of camping gear.........and food. That was a distinctive aroma!

Its weird, they always say that, but the amount of spiders etc ive seen crawling out of a container would believe they use tht cash elsewhere, like the bar 8) ;)

Found some awesome spiders under our recently purchased Cali bay, I'm usually ok with spiders but after looking them up they had to blow torched lol as they where either American house spiders or black widows both bite apparently so death it was :-(

easy said:
ProfessorWheeto said:

Its weird, they always say that, but the amount of spiders etc ive seen crawling out of a container would believe they use tht cash elsewhere, like the bar 8) ;)

:lol: Wouldn't suprise me. We had hornets in one, and ended up with a Red Back spider living in the spray booth.

Mine was mouse wee and poo combined with rotting hornets nest, whilst changing the ignition barrel I found a rather large spider nest and a rather angry looking mum, it didn't run away it just sat there so now I can add insect spray to the aroma.