Diy rock n roll

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the Site and new to campers. I've been told this is a great place to start getting help and advice from. One thing I have on my mind is a rock and roll bed. I'm looking to build my own and have been looking online for some dimensions but to no avail. Is there anyone here that could help????

welcome
Try these:
http://www.volkstorque.co.uk/vt/stuff-sale/55224-rock-roll-bed-hinges.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ditto what Resto-raider said up there^^^^^

Rusty Lee bed is def the way to go http://www.vwrustylee.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Hi and welcome - its also a good idea to use a quality framework as above , as its a safety issue when used a a seat while travelling etc! (Not knocking your skills or enthusiasm in any way ;) )

As what's been said^^^ easier/cheaper/safer to buy a proper r n r bed 8) there was a home made one in my bus when I bought it! was fairly substantial but I wouldn't trust it one little bit with my kids strapped to it :?

Yep fitted a rusty last week, pretty straight forward .. had to re drill two holes in front of the seat belt mounts to get mine level. But a nice solid bed, and if you have any problems Rusty is always on the end of the phone and happy to help.

Flying against the grain here!

I agree Rusty Lee beds look the nuts and that, but some folks just don't have the money. I don't, but I'm pretty good with a welder and that, so I'm making my own when time comes. So If you PM me your email address, I'll send some plans over- got plans for the hinges too.

Si

Rusty Lee Bed all the way, very good quality for the price, easy to assemble & fit...

I always recommend them to all my customers

The cost of making a bed makes it not worth building one, when rusty's beds are the price they are and so well made. Which they definately are. I am a welder and i would buy one from him myself !!! i looked into making these a while back and could not compete with his prices. He even has a fanclub on ssvc :lol:

Wow, thanks for the advice guys. I just had a look at the link and I think that's definitely the way to go. I was expecting to pay a lot more than that for one. I've priced up the steel, ply wood and r n r hinges + a day cutting and welding and it's not far off what he's charging! How does he do it?

Latest posts