do many of ye actually camp in yer early bays?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9y4e7ymy.jpg

First outing in the bus the other week after what seemed an age to get the interior finished enough to use, a good night kip as well

I plan on taking mine camping.
And days out,hell I'd use mine as a daily if I didn't travel 100 miles to work and 100 back.:(

the 71 bay just towed the boat down to Dale (Pembs) and back for some days sailing - great campsite at Windmill Farm, Dale up on the hill - v friendly owners, views right up Milford Haven, stars at night, wow! the sailing in the Haven was unbelievable as ever...off to France in it next week...when everyone else is back at school ha ha!

robjarman said:
the 71 bay just towed the boat down to Dale (Pembs) and back for some days sailing - great campsite at Windmill Farm, Dale up on the hill - v friendly owners, views right up Milford Haven, stars at night, wow! the sailing in the Haven was unbelievable as ever...off to France in it next week...when everyone else is back at school ha ha!

where ye going then rob lad? i'm heading towards the med myself at the end of next week. 8)

great pics everyone, tis good to know that not all earlybays are trailer queens. :p

yep... i do quite a few shows as they are a good cheap weekends away with my family and mates in there buses and i do as much "proper" camping as i can, not long came back from a week in the Isle of Wight (not dub island) and while i was out there met a few fellers from this site. Off to Stratford Upon Avon with a few Hot-roders next weekend... should be fun!

Camped at Henlow Bridge (North Hertfordshire/Bedford borders) this weekend nice site esp if you like fishing (not for me although I could see how you could get into it)
Very clean tidy site, allows pit fires and loads and loads of space for the kids to play, will return :)

null_zpsfd234d00.jpg

null_zps43387aa8.jpg

null_zpsca057489.jpg

oorwullie said:
robjarman said:

where ye going then rob lad? i'm heading towards the med myself at the end of next week. 8)

great pics everyone, tis good to know that not all earlybays are trailer queens. :p

hi oor Wullie - we are going Calais - Champagne - Languedoc - Dordogne - les Landes - Le Havre - roughly in that order! on the hunt for ancient sweet chestnut trees and warm lakes/river swimming...our ideal swimming in the past decade can be summed up as the river Aare in Berne (bungee surfing!!) and lake Annecy - in autumn, the summer heat in the water is still there and you can spend all day in the water!! and most of the touroids have long gone!! this autumn we are looking for somewhere to match those idyllic situations - any suggestions?

yep, vans are for living and working in....best adaptation of my van to modern life that I've done is to convert it to lpg!! runs so much sweeter and cleaner and of course cheaper...
cheers
rob

robjarman said:
oorwullie said:
robjarman said:

hi oor Wullie - we are going Calais - Champagne - Languedoc - Dordogne - les Landes - Le Havre - roughly in that order! on the hunt for ancient sweet chestnut trees and warm lakes/river swimming...our ideal swimming in the past decade can be summed up as the river Aare in Berne (bungee surfing!!) and lake Annecy - in autumn, the summer heat in the water is still there and you can spend all day in the water!! and most of the touroids have long gone!! this autumn we are looking for somewhere to match those idyllic situations - any suggestions?

yep, vans are for living and working in....best adaptation of my van to modern life that I've done is to convert it to lpg!! runs so much sweeter and cleaner and of course cheaper...
cheers
rob

rob, the aare water temperature has dropped by about 10° in the last coupla weeks, tis 15.7 ° today.....:

http://www.aaremarzili.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

annecy is looking better, but dropping rapidly.

http://annecy-meteo.com/temperature-du-lac/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can't find any river water temps, but the nights are getting cooler down there too:

http://www.zoover.fr/france/aquitaine/sarlat-dordogne/meteo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

where i'm going on the med is looking reasonable:

http://www.wofrance.fr/ProvenceAlpesCotedAzur/Hyeres.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

water 23°. :bliss:

hopefully i'm going to need my new fridge system, if i ever get it completely installed........... 8)

we are always away in ours and we never use camp sites we always wild camp its more fun we just had 2 weeks in cornwall and didnt pay for parking or camping once so more cornish pasties :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It's why I bought it years ago and it's one of the main reasons of having one for us.

montypsx said:
we are always away in ours and we never use camp sites we always wild camp its more fun we just had 2 weeks in cornwall and didnt pay for parking or camping once so more cornish pasties :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Same here! always wild camp....thats the whole beauty of being a self contained unit.......pull-up and camp!

Latest posts