Does this sound like a good deal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lids_2001

Reaction score
I have owned lots of bugs in my 20 years of VW ownership but never a bus.

I have been offered the chance to get a 1968 Deluxe bus.

Its a USA car perfectly straight, no dents, original paint, complete. even with Dealer supplied chrome bumpers. It runs and stops.

It needs the interior doing, seats and headlining, new rubbers all round and the only rust is the battery tray and the bottom of the front windscreen.

I have no idea about bus prices, and they seem to vary wildly. Spent hours trying to research.

Does £8k sound like a good deal?

First of all being a Partner in Chrome (owner of a DeLuxe myself) I'd say you are on the right lines. The trim makes a bus as far as I am concerned!

I paid 10k for a similar-sounding bus, with MOT and serviceable interior three years ago so as long as yours has an MOT you are probably looking at an OK price. Others could give better advice if you can post some pics.

1219909.jpg

Is that £8k in the UK with taxes paid?

Pete B said:
Black plate bus!

From what I can see of the rims, doesn't look like it's on wide 5?

Didn't notice that, think your correct. the wheels are 5 stud. wonder if they have adaptors? Or are you thinking the brakes have been changed.

Its probably been changed for later bay running gear so it gets disc brakes. Not a bad thing if you dont mind aftermarket rims that come in a small 5 stud pattern.

Just a few bits, it obviously needs lower screen attention and the cab floors will likley be affected as the water will have entered here and run downwards.

Interior (well, cab seats) look toast! Looks like the roof lining hanging down, so i guess its a bit shabby throughout inside.

Rear view mirror is missing (68 only) Some beltline trim missing. - none of this is vital, but costs can mount up!!

Bumpers are cool if VWOA, and I guess the side step is original too 8) Looks straight and would buff up well I think. Deffo a candidate for some sympathetic repairs, a good polish and a hard whacking with a lowering stick :D

I have been told it is complete, any thing missing from the pics is inside the bus.

I have asked if the rot has made its way down the front nose, just waiting to hear back.

I will also inquire about the wheels and brakes.

I know the interior is a write off, so this has been budgeted for.

Alex VW Heritage said:
I'm liking the look of the Chevy Pick up and either single or double cab in the back round.
My thoughts exactly :lol:
I spent too long staring at the picture trying to work out if it was a SC or DC. Think I've settled on the former but would love to see more!

Latest posts