Door mirror removal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanmck1984

Reaction score
There's probably a simple solution to this.....how does the door mirror come off?
Is there a captive nut or nut up inside the door although if there is there's not enough room to get a spanner in about!
The nut on the outside goes slack but then tight again. I don't really want to force it in case something goes snap.

Cheers guys.

It sounds like you may have a crossed thread. I needed to put the missing washer on my mirrors a while ago. (between the door and the mirror arm) It should un-screw fairly easily.

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

Mike
My mirrors keep working loose do you think i need washers ? Was thinking about replacing the lot as a bit manky anyway, i'm also sick of looking at the road as they allways working loose!!

Jimbo :cry:

jimbo4861 said:
Mike
My mirrors keep working loose do you think i need washers ? Was thinking about replacing the lot as a bit manky anyway, i'm also sick of looking at the road as they allways working loose!!

Jimbo :cry:

Screw the mirror into the door and adjust to suit, then tighten locknut against washer and the mirror will stay where you want it.

^^WHS^^

the washer, or seal, will stop the mirror post scratching the paint on the door and also keep water out.

I got these from VWH but others do them as well.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Mirror-to-door-seal-T2-pair-10-211857543_act_shop.product_pID_194233_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbStartPage=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts