Dormobile - issues?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marjorie71

Reaction score
Hi

Roof canvas has come today, not what I was expecting! It's like a plastic shiny wax oil table cloth! It's quality is disputable too. Lots of black marks and lots of the red stripes have been scratched and tbh not what I expect to pay best part of £400 for. Has anyone done their roofs in any other material apart from dormobile? Thoughts and opinions greatly received.

Also, I don't suppose anyone is selling 1 original dormobile bunk?

TIA

Sarah

Don't know anything about Dormobile roofs to in my opinion if it is scratched and as marks from new then that's not good enough. Would be good to have a picture of it and send a picture of it to who you got it from and ask them what they think, if your disappointed with it now i don't think your view will change any when it gets fitted?

That's a lot of money to shell out on something you aren't happy with. Send it back and get a replacement. If you aren't happy with the quality get a refund.
I'm still on my original canvas and it's like a woven material coated in a thin plastic on both sides, Dormobile sell repair patches if your old one is repairable.

Thanks everyone. The old one was irreparable and a brown canvas which other half has binned :oops: this one does feel sturdy but the marks are all over it. We are considering letting them send a replacement if they can pack it right. It was all folded and shoved - literally into a small box. It also came in 2 pieces and not sure if thats correct? Instructions that came with it are not very clear either..... :shock:

I replaced mine some time back as the original Dormy one had dried out and cracked all over. The replacement is an after market item and while it didn't fit as snug as the Dormy one it is good quality, wasn't marked and came in one piece! (I can't imagine what you'd do with a 2 piece item!!).

I'd send your's back...

I replaced mine about 4 years years ago, its not the easiest job in the world mind!! I got mine from the camper shop in Upton on Severn and its been great since, no leaks and it wipes clean, the stripes are wider than the original but its pretty much the same as the original material!

Thanks for that. How did you secure the hoops? Or did that come with your canvas? Our original ones are missing :roll:

Latest posts