Dormobile roof jigsaw

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The extruded strips go on the outside of the canvas around the edge of the inner roof, make sure you double over the canvas under the strips for strength. I replaced the nuts and bolts with brass replacements (maybe M3s?). I also used a dollop of silicon in each hole prior to putting the bolt in for extra waterproofing.
Its lasted over 7 years on mine so far with no leaks.

Just wondering if you have tried the dormobile web site? http://www.dormobile.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They might be able to help.

J & P
:D :D :D

What's with the strips of wood attached to the strips? Spent hours sanding and rubbing before painting and don't want an issue as I see the finish line

Started to put the roof together. Attached the canvas to the roof using the method above. How do I attach the roof and canvas to the van. This time I take it the strips go on the inside but if you do that how do you get access to the screws etc to attach metal strips and canvas to the roof. Anyone done it and was it easy. Cheers

Did mine many years ago.
From memory the metal strip on the offside (were it hinges) goes on the inside.
The rest are on the outside.
Use Polyurethane sealant as doesn't contain salt etc.

Also, don't seal the plastic/metal to the top - when you get it close to being fitted on the bottom, you are supposed to take up any slack by undoing the the top strips and pulling taught (something like that....)

Like I said, must be 8 years since I did mine.
Hope it helps.

Latest posts