Dormobile Roof Spring Arms

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hampole

Reaction score
I have a dormobile roof which is heavey to lift when putting it up. The spring arms don't seem to offer any assistance when putting it up. I have heard that the spring arms can be fitted the wrong way round. Could you please take a llok at the pictures of mine and advice wether they are correctly fitted. If they are, do the springs just wear over time? Any help greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Steve

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02444.jpg

Yeah,they look like they are wrong way round mate.as you lift the roof up, you are fighting against the spring,when it's when you are putting it down, the gravity fights the spring and slows the drop down.

Hook on the spring needs to be on the other side of the peg on the lifting strut.

They do wear and are available new from Dormobile.

Hth - Rob

Looking at it again, it looks like you have the front/back arms back to front as the little metal tab at the base if that strut is to operate the 'roof up' warning switch,which is located at the front above the cab area.explains why the springs are wring way round as well.May be easier to unbolt whole struts and swop them over, then the springs will be correct as well.

Cheers - Rob

Thank you very much to all that have replied. I will swap them over tomorrow.

Is there anything I should watch out for when removing them as the spring may be under tension.

Thanks again

Steve

I had exactly the same problem, the good people on this forum pointed out that they may be the wrong way round, which they were.

If you look at the strut which has the extra braket near the bottom, this strutt should be at the front of the van, as this bracket is for the roof up warning switch.

Easy to swap, takes hald an hour.

Regards
Gareth

Latest posts