Drop spindles

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RICH-I-AM

Reaction score
Evning.

Got a 70 with drums all round.
Does anyone sell drop spindles that just bolt on.
Fancy loosing an inch or 2 but just want something that bolt on rather than using flipped arms etc.

Cheers

Rich

Vw heritage do dropped spindles that bolt straight on, they do increase the track a little and they are not cheap, but mention early bay.com and you'll get a discount.

bobbyt said:
Vw heritage do dropped spindles that bolt straight on, they do increase the track a little and they are not cheap, but mention early bay.com and you'll get a discount.

But the Vintage Autohaus ones that Heritage sell do not work with drums all round, they are later spindles and need to be used with Late bay discs.

RICH-I-AM said:
Evning.

Fancy loosing an inch or 2 but just want something that bolt on rather than using flipped arms etc.

Cheers

Rich

T2D, Cool Air, transporterhaus all do spindles but are 3-4" and need a few other parts.

Graham L said:
bobbyt said:

But the Vintage Autohaus ones that Heritage sell do not work with drums all round, they are later spindles and need to be used with Late bay discs.

Yeah Graham is correct, ours work best on late bays, can be used on earlies but would need a disc brake kit designed for a late bay stub axle.

Clem said:
RICH-I-AM said:
Evning.

Cheers

Rich

T2D, Cool Air, transporterhaus all do spindles but are 3-4" and need a few other parts.

Those are all the flipped upside down ones ;)

radish said:
Wagenswest, even though are welded i don't think there are any that have failed.

Yeah this is the only bolt on route to go.

I have welded on my van, that were second hand when I got them, have been used for ten years or so now and still no issues with them.

Latest posts