Dropped or adjustable Springplates

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooLow&NotEnoughGo

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm going over old ground here, but busy piecing together the parts needed to put my Bay on its arse... Front all ordered up and gone King and link Conversion and dropped spindles.

moving to the rear...

Not planning on notching the rear just yet, so was gonna order Some transporterhaus adjustable springplates to get me started, but There's a set of used red9 4" drop plates that have come up.... I assume if I go for these they will be lower than the adjustable plates (I also assume the rear notching will be required to run the red9 dropped plates at stock spline position so would be able to fit them in a higher position until I grow the balls to notch the rear tool?) but I also assume that I won't be able to remove my rear wheels with the dropped ones but I will with the Adjustable plates?

I apologise again if this is a repost but I'm very confused!!

Thanks, Joe

Wrong on all accounts. They fit at stock position with no notching required and the rear wheels come off with the lower shock mount disconnected
The only reason I'm selling them is so I can raise the rear when towing the Rapido

I went for adjustable spring plates as I like the flexibility adjustable plates give you to tune the height.

Whether the red9 ones or adjustable ones are lower depend on you and where you set them surely!

Latest posts