Dropped spindles and bumpstops

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammac

Reaction score
My bus has a standard width beam with adjusters fitted with the bumpstops cut off. I've gone down the transporterhaus dropped spindle route so the adjusters are set back to stock.

Has anyone here fitted the bumpstops that red 9 design sell for added safety should the adjuster fail? Or is this more hassle than its worth?

http://www.red9design.co.uk/type2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If they have been welded in properly then the adjusters shouldn't fail.

I can't remember where I saw it but someone posted a pic of a sheared grub screw so the licking device just fell off. If this were to happen on both tubes the bus would fall to the floor.

I did replace both grub screws with the creative engineering ones and new Multics when I got the dropped spindles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol to hungover to see my phone what's a multic?!? Meant nylocs

What was the result of that sparky? Did you still have ya bumpstops?

sparkywig said:
Could've been me. The lower adjuster bolt snapped on my old ballpoint beam about 3 years ago.

Any idea why it happened?

I'd have thought the only way it could be would be if the bolt was tightened down whilst the adjuster was not quite located, then as it worked loose, all the shear force is acting on the bolt. Either that or the bolt was not up to its job?

Latest posts