Dropped spindles for '72 Crossover?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
I've been looking at lowering options for my '72 crossover for months now - I was leaning towards the Red9 kit but the debate on VZI has put me off! Dropped spindles look like a good option but no-one seems to make them for my model year ('72) - any ideas?

hi mate have you tried vintagewerks in southsea Portsmouth ? i know they work on old v dubs so could probably point you in the right direction of someone who sells em if they dont . Got their card at Beachbuggin in the summer , ill dig it out for number if you want me to , let me know mate :) :wink:

Have you tryed this guy............

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=326479&page=6&pp=10

330 delivered for a bay, asked about them myself but im a bit out of pocket at the moment.

thanks for the prompt replies fella's - this is definately the route I'm going to take. I really liked the idea of being able to tune the Red9 kit but I can't get those niggles out of my mind (it's been debated to death in the past so I'm not goint to start it up again!) - any system (like dropped spindles) that keeps your geometry as original as VW intended it has to be a good idea!
thanks again
J&M

drop spindles are ace, best thing i ever fitted to my ladies beetle.
i fit them to every car i can now
would put them on my bay but due to running 17s id need a narrowed beam as well, too much dosh!

re red9, as long as you fit the adjustable bumpstops you should be ok. ive got to say the ride quality in a bus with a red9 kit is very good.
I just think there the bumpstop issue needs to be publicied more.
good luck what ever you choose! :D

Latest posts