Dropped spindles (not welded)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Vintage autohaus/serial kombi in France have these now ;)

http://youtu.be/rdJ4yUaT5HQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.87.jpg

Am I right in thinking that these don't need modded arms?

marco said:
Am I right in thinking that these don't need modded arms?

Correct they are direct replacements for your stock spindles and work in the same way.

We are due to get a supply of these and will be the UK stockist :mrgreen:

Are there are more specific details? Amount of drop* and whether they increase the track?

If they lower 3.5" on regular ball joint with no track increase theyll be a big seller Id say :)

*EDIT - 6cm drop, so 2.5" ....

Clem said:
Are there are more specific details? Amount of drop* and whether they increase the track?

If they lower 3.5" on regular ball joint with no track increase theyll be a big seller Id say :)

*EDIT - 6cm drop, so 2.5" ....

Track wise i have been told its only adds 10mm, so a very small increase.

EDIT*****

We are due these here in th UK Next week :mrgreen:

They will be sold at £550 normally

BUT

We shall be doing an opening offer of £525

I have known abaout these for a while and have had to keep quiet, so its great to able to finally get the chance to spread the good news :mrgreen:

It adds 10 mm to clear the lower ball joint bolt with 14" wheels ;) a very nice product from Vintage Autohaus for sure !

Do these take long to fit? ( is it a DIY job ) if not will a standard garage be happy to take the job on do u think ?

VERY Interested.... 8)

Thinking I could still roll on my stock tyres up front?!
What about the rear? Horse shoe plates are stock ride but 3.5" drop... I think?!
So would 1 spline at the rear + these upfront be what im after?

Answers welcome please. :)

BARKING MARK said:
Mmm Good looking product , who will be the 1st to fit these ?
Now I wonder if my girlfriend will treat me for my birthday ....
do you think your worth £500.00 for ya birth day i know what i would rather have for my birthday begins with b and ends in j :lol: :lol:

I can certainly vouch for both Vintage Autohouse and Serial Kombi.

Both good and helpful businesses that are also enthusiasts.

Trikky2 said:
I can certainly vouch for both Vintage Autohouse and Serial Kombi.

Both good and helpful businesses that are also enthusiasts.

I can as well, they are great guys who have been testing these products for a while now to ensure they fit prefect and work as described. :mrgreen:

Myvanway said:
VERY Interested.... 8)

Thinking I could still roll on my stock tyres up front?!
What about the rear? Horse shoe plates are stock ride but 3.5" drop... I think?!
So would 1 spline at the rear + these upfront be what im after?

Answers welcome please. :)

You may end up switching down a size on the front tyres as it may be a little close to the arch and may rub, but you may get away with it, no real way to be 100% without trying it.

There is a yellow and white late bay tintop that we use in our catalogue and adverts, that has had slightly smaller tyres fitted, drop spindles and one spline at the rear and looks ACE,

I would think one spline and some adjustable spring plates would be the ideal way to go as it will give you adjustability at the rear to get it exactly where you want it.

We should be able to offer a pacakge similar to the one on the advert Vince has posted above from Vintage Autohaus.

Hope that helps :mrgreen:

Would you need to notch the chassis for these as the trackrod will still be at the top ?

andyo11 said:
Would you need to notch the chassis for these as the trackrod will still be at the top ?

NO chassis notching is only for very extreme lowering, these on there own only offer a 6cm or 2.5" drop.

As for the track rods I am not 100% but i think everything stays in stock orientation.

Latest posts