dudley cooker repairs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robjarman

Reaction score
anyone know how to repair a Dudley gas cooker - 1971 vintage? have gas leaking past the taps so not safe to use - are there seals in the taps which can be replaced? anyone know of a Dudley cooker repair person? have googled without finding anything
cheers
Rob

http://www.spiritburner.com/fusion/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

I haven't got a clue about them but google came up with this site, you may get some joy with these folks.

cheers pal - shall post a query! all my searches end up with Dudley the place or Dudley the person (or even the earlybay van!)
Rob

Hi Rob
There are seals around the tap shaft and they are available but the problem is that no gas mechanics will work on old cookers because they don'y conform to current regs. I need to talk to you anyway so will phone this w/e.
Brian

thanks Brian - speak later.

would be useful to know how anyone else on the Forum with a Dudley cooker is keeping them serviced, if they cannot be gas engineer certified?

cheers
Rob

sorted - strip the taps after removing the knobs by pushing in (not thinking, like I did at first, that the steel pins would pull out!!) the spring-loaded pin in the tap shaft and remove the spindle assembly and the gas valve assembly - clean and poke out gas feed holes (2) with fuse wire - clean and check rubber seals (1 small and 1 larger) and lube sparingly with vaseline (take care not to block the gas holes!) - reassemble - check for leaks with soapy water - sorted!
Rob

Latest posts