Dynamo installation.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedub

Reaction score
A bit of advice if you can please.

I have no voltage coming from my dynamo. Brushes are good and I have polarised it when the battery was low but not flat. But still no voltage on the pin on top of the dynamo.

Does anyone know of someone who can install on in north london. I live near the ace cafe. I think it is a bit much for me to do and would be worried about doing it so am happy to pay a mechanic.

Also has anyone used the dynamos from just kampers I have seen them for £100 on there site and they look like the right ones. OR should I convert to alternator.

Opinions and advice are much appreciated.

I am having an engine built currently, I had a dynamo which was running fine (as in doing next to nothing), I ordered the alternator conversion kit from VW Heritage and it turned up with everything you need, for just over £150. Don't bother wasting time or money on a dynamo, there's a very good reason why all cars now come with alternators.

In defense of the dear old dynamo. Yes, it requires a little maintenance occasionally but far more rugged and reliable than an alternator and my electrical loading is within the output of the dynamo.
Peter Good

I've replaced the bearings on a alternator - easy job- never done a dynamo but would have thought It was just as simple to replace the bearings - £10-13.00 from Spen bearings or similar, just take your worn ones down and they would size them up

Latest posts