Early Bay SCAM BUS on Autotrader

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyJuckes

Reaction score
:evil: another scam bus, this time on auto trader!!
http://motorhomes.autotrader.co.uk/used-motorhomes/volkswagen/campervan/1972-volkswagen-t2-bay-window-campervan-petrol-melksham-mfpa-8abe458d3df2a2e7013e331c36a82a1f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had that fabulous 'bus is on a military camp' email reply, hope no one falls for it:(

Is that a converted panel van .... I remember back in the very early 80s the argie sailors selling off their vehicles very cheap in Portsmouth before they headed back home with their new ships. of course due to certain events a couple of years later they never got a return trip.

I googled the intro phrase "Reluctantly and with a heavy heart, we have to sell Mavis", and I get results for ads in Wiltshire, Coventry, and Newcastle...!

and yes the picture is of a converted late bay panel van.

Oh its this bus again. Before I purchased my bus six months ago I replied to this add. I also got the military camp thing. Realised it was a scam straight away

I`ll take three at that price!

Pity the poor sod whos van it actually is.

Had the same scam with a car couple of years ago ( Engineer living back in Spain, could drive it back for me! ). Kept him going on the emails for ages before he twigged I knew he was a scammer.

Lee

I have just had an email response from "David Bennett" about the bus here is exactly what was said

Hi,

I can confirm that the vehicle is still for sale and that never been involved in an accident. Nobody smoked in and I never carried pets. Full history and V5 document is present, HPI is clear.
My last price is £ 3200.

The only reason for selling this vehicle so cheap is because I am involved in a military project and move to Mali on May 15 and come back after 8 months. It is the first time I will go to Mali and I'm a little nervous but excited.

It would be a shame to keep the vehicle in the garage 8 months without being used and I also need some cash before leaving in Mali.

Right now I am located in a small military base in the Isle of Man because our squad do some special training here.
The vehicle is here with me inside of the base garage and in case you decide to buy it I will deliver it to your address anywhere in UK on my expenses.

In case you are still interested to buy the vehicle please write me back since we can deliver the vehicle anywhere in England on my cost.

Thank you for being interested in my vehicle.
David Bennett

As a member of the Armed Forces I know there is very little chance of doing pre mali exercise in the Isle of Man!!

Might send him a few more emails to see how far I can go.

:lol: :lol: I love playing along with those "I have a million dong I need to get out of the country you are a trusted friend etc etc. If this idiot thinks he can come across as Special Forces in the Isle of Man he is not only a scamming twat but a Walt as well. I think we should all play along with him ask him if he would deliver at his expense to John o Grotes or somewhere uber far. No sane person would do that :lol:

OOps :msn4: Walter Mitty :lol: :lol: a person who pretends to be in the forces to feel good about themselves. Google the walter mitty hunting club

Walt said:
thejinx said:
... twat but a Walt as well...:

Eh?!

Looks like I picked the wrong username. ;)

What's your definition of a Walt?!

Here you go -

Walter Mitty (Walt) - wannabe, bluffer, nuisance, cnut. It comes from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, written by humorist James Thurber and published in The New Yorker in 1941. See also pointy heads and flat heads. A walt is an individual who believes, or wishes others to believe, that he or she be something he be not. They are often found bidding on 'Genuine SAS' KFS and other items on eBay and usually act the Internet Tough Guy. Outing Walts is the official sport of ARRSE. Spoken only in hushed tones are ops by the Waltenkommando commanded by the Waltfinder General

thejinx said:
OOps :msn4: Walter Mitty :lol: :lol: a person who pretends to be in the forces to feel good about themselves. Google the walter mitty hunting club

There's nothing like outing a Walt, I'm amazed at the length some people will go to bullsh1t a forces background :roll: Occasionally see them through former colleagues FB pages ..... my gosh that's a big rack of gongs you have mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have reported the ad as a scam yet it is still there. Do Autotrader actually give a sh*t, I wonder?

Latest posts