Early bay steering box parts supplier help?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyspinner Tim

Reaction score
I have a late 69 Westy that had a horrible uneven patch in the steering, i dropped the box off and opened it up, it looks like it was reconned not that long ago but looks like the pin with the roller bearings was tightened up too much so wasn't spinning which has a caused a flat spot on the pin where it runs up and down the worm gear. the worm gear it's self looks to be in good condition.

Can anyone tell me if the pins are available new and if so where to get them or a decent source of second hand steering box parts?

Thanks!

I am not sure anyone will be able to help as I am pretty sure the worm and the pin aren't produced by anyone.

Martin Taylor has started doing them for splits and I talked to him a while back about egtting them sussed out for EB's but never followed it through.

He would be the man to talk to, maybe if you got enough interest in them before hand it would make it a more financially viable thing to persue.

I'd be interested.

http://www.taylormachine.co.uk/Taylor_Machine_Services/Products.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts