EarlyBay - Association of British VW Clubs - Updated 2 June

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clem

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are now affiliated to the Assoc. of British VW Clubs! :D

http://www.abvwc.org.uk/

This offers club members Public Liability Insurance when camping at events, ability to camp at some restricted camping shows (Stonor Park) and also are now open to a number of useful discount schemes - these include insurance, airport parking, various VW parts traders etc.

Anyone who registers for club camping at Vanfest thro' Early Bay will receive affiliation details as a contribution to membership is included in the 'surcharge'.
Anyone else who would like to receive details about the benefits, including a GSF discount card*, can Paypal £1.00 to [email protected] and I will send them to you. Most discounts are available via a code that will be issued.

The £1 will cover the club registration fee, postage to you of the info, transfer charge and anything left will no doubt go towards next years payment. I hope you trust that at £1.00 Im not scamming anyone! ;)

I do appreciate that this doed formalise 'membership' to a degree, but I dont anticipate it altering this forum, nor the welcome to any EB'ers in the slightest. I hope everyone agrees.

Cheers, Mike.

* limited supply available - first come first served!

Well done Clem - sounds like a sensible move.
Money sent - as soon as I can remember where my paypal account is.... :?

:( :( :( I dont have paypal canI send you a £1 coin???......pm me if thats ok :lol:

Good work Mike,sounds like a good idea to me,with lots of benefits to the members. 8)

scott wilson said:
the response to this just shows that we need to become a club.We already are in spirit...i say let`s do it

We are now, by definition a 'club'.
What that means essentially? I dont know. :)

Benefits aside, I dont wish to make much difference between someone whos 'registerd' and someone who's not - I dont expect some to regoster as they are already affiliated to the ABVWC - The Old Volks Club, NBOC, Crazy Canuck etc all spring to mind as having members on here, so as far as line ups, camps etc I really dont think it will make any real changes. To my mind, the easier going we make it, the easier it is to manage and therefore the longer it will continue.

One policy - all early bayers welcome. :)

Been registered for a couple of years now and is a great thing. Dont forget you now get 10% of at GSF :wink:

Clem - will give you some spons when we next meet up f"or the cause" 8) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts