ebays a funny old thing!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slammedkustom

Reaction score
I currently got half a Porsche 356 on Ebay, now this isnt a blatant advert or anything i was just amazed at the interest ive gotten.
so far ive had emails from ireland, france, netherlands, germany and just one from the UK.
people ask the strangest things, how much does it weigh? im not sure as my bathroom scales dont go that high :lol:
can i come to your house? well of course ill even put the kettle on

also put collection only as its a big old lump and i get guys asking if i can deliver to mainland europe, yeah of course i can next time im passing :lol:

just wondering if its me that gets all the odd questions? im just a guy making some room not a big company

if you want to have a look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200152317334&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

doood! you dont know how tempting that is to ask a question :wink:

No your not the only one I've got numpties asking some stupid questions even when its in type already..
Also just had my first stroppy get wanted me to sell it him before the end of the auction for a poxy few quid over the starting price....

Joy and I sell (mostly) cookbooks on eBay for some extra pennies - we've had so many questions on some listings that it beggars belief, for example:
"Will this book enable me to cook nice meals for my partner?"
"Will you accept £4.00 for the book, including postage?" - when the postage at cost is £5.68!!!

I don't want to offend our fellow EarlyBay cousins from the U.S. of A, but we don't sell to America anymore as most of our U.S. bidders failed to grasp even the simpler aspects of buying internationally (i.e. that they have to pay more to have items sent via Airmail, or that we don't accept U.S. money orders in dollars!).

eBay can still be great, but it can also be bloody frustrating - we've recently received our first ever Neutral feedback (in over 1,700 trades) - the buyer stated that delivery was slow even though her book was posted before her cheque even cleared! You can't please all of the people all of the time...

;)

Whilst selling a 1308 A-series block, and various bits, some idiot asks me if it will improve his heating in his mini when installed.

Yeas mate, you can get to warmer places quicker

The idiots in that place spoil it for the rest.

I get numpties asking questions all the time. Some of the stuff they come out with truely is amazing. :lol:

I emptied a lot of my unwanted wargames stuff onto ebay.Now theres a bunch of nutters for you :roll:

Sold a lot of old philips cdi games (still have loads and the consle) :wink: ,on e bay to some knob in Belguim cos he was winning items at £1.00 had about 10ish in total,he thought was gona get away with paying 1 postage :roll:. Didnt understand that all them items still weighed heavy???

well thanks to everyone who sent the crazy arse questions!
i should have seen that coming :roll:

its a funny old game really :wink:

8) yes of course it will fit, its even got deluxe trim and overriders! 8)

Didnt think of that, dont need it now deluxe would be OTT for my van :p

are you serious?

Thats no response to a potential customer, I think Ill take my business else where....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well if you ask a silly question you get a silly answer! :lol:

Aaron uses a ladies name on ebay :shock: when you coming out the closet son :wink:

48 watchers now! and i just drove back from north london to kent with a 10 foot pallet on the roof in preparation of it going abroad. skips rock! :lol:

slammedkustom said:
i just drove back from north london to kent with a 10 foot pallet on the roof in preparation of it going abroad. skips rock! :lol:

That's my boy. Make's me so proud! :lol:

Howd you know I aint a ladie?

Just coz I have a beer gut, 5 oclock shadow and balls dont prove anything..

Some of the birds I work with have more testerone than I could ever want or use :lol:

jabbo said:
slammedkustom said:
i just drove back from north london to kent with a 10 foot pallet on the roof in preparation of it going abroad. skips rock! :lol:

That's my boy. Make's me so proud! :lol:

i aspire to your level of pikeyness oh king of the pikeys :wink:

Araon said:
Howd you know I aint a ladie?

Just coz I have a beer gut, 5 oclock shadow and balls dont prove anything..

:lol:

i think i took you out for a drink once :lol:
do you have moobs! :wink:

Latest posts