Electric hook up

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejinx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never done this before and am looking at our first trip in the bus this May to Cornwall. What does it mean by 6 amp hook up. Can I hook up run a kettle toaster and iPad?

I have bought a hook up lead with a blue plug is that right

Cheers

Have you got a hook up connector on your van? For the lead you have bought?

Depends on the power of your toaster and kettle, it'll power your iPad fine. But you will probably need a low wattage/travel kettle and toaster.

If you have all the hook up equipment set up in the van, have you got an RCD installed? I would recommend you fit one or have one fitted for you if not.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

thejinx said:
It's an extension lead for want of a better dis rioting with a blue round plug at one end and then plug sockets x 3 with an RCD built in
That's similar to what I use atm only mine is a reel type.
In terms of power you'll be fine.When I was last out in mine,Cornwall coincidently, I was running a lamp,tv,and heater off mine as well as charging my phone overnight.no issues what so ever.

I'm looking at putting a permanent setup into the van very soon tho with the surface mounted connection somewhere discreet and the RCD and plugs etc u dear the RnR bed.

who? said:
To give you an idea of power...
Divide the wattage by the voltage..

1000W / 240V = 4.2 Amps

That is very helpful, as I can never remember this formula. :D

A 6A hookup sounds a tad low to me, as at less than 1500W it might power a small camping kettle but little else before it trips out.

Best look for sites that offer at least 10A (2400W) or better still 16A (4440W I think).

Those three-socket RCD's are great though, especially for use in awnings. Never had a problem.

Kev

Latest posts