Electric hookup setup.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I'm wanting to have a proper electrical hookup rather than running a reel extender through the window like I do now but im not sure where to house anything.
I was thinking the fusebox and gubbins under the buddy seat,I have a westy interior,and the exterior connection under the front arch.if any of you good people could show me how you have yours set up that would be a great help

Thanks
Matt

That is exactly how I have mine arranged
Fuse box under buddy seat and connection point under drivers (LHD) wheel arch - works well especially when using the awning as the cable is nicely out of the way.
Wanted to utilise the og Westie hookup point on the side but couldnt figure out a way that was electrically safe at the time

StuF said:
That is exactly how I have mine arranged
Fuse box under buddy seat and connection point under drivers (LHD) wheel arch - works well especially when using the awning as the cable is nicely out of the way.
Wanted to utilise the og Westie hookup point on the side but couldnt figure out a way that was electrically safe at the time

Perfect,do You have any pics?
I was thinking that About it being out if the way of the awning.
How is it with road grime and spray etc?

This is mine although it will be changed soon as I've seen a tiny consumer unit and got a ctek to install. Connected via the westy hookup using a us plug from creationblue.

buddyseat.jpg

Don't think I used the hookup at all last year though!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Oh I use the original sockets for phone chargers (got US chargers, or use a travel adapter) going to replace the single socket with a double when the smaller unit goes in so I can plug larger appliances into a UK socket

67westy said:
This is mine although it will be changed soon as I've seen a tiny consumer unit and got a ctek to install. Connected via the westy hookup using a us plug from creationblue.

buddyseat.jpg

Don't think I used the hookup at all last year though!

Propex heaters are for big jessies! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big warm Jessie's :) it's for the little un honest!

Latest posts