Electronic ignition

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that engine looks as though its only got a single vac line to the left carb?

could both manifolds be drilled and tapped and two pipes into one using a t-joint, with the valve fitting on the pipe between the vac and t-joint?

Deffo vac advance distributor ;)

Made a world of difference on my 1641 bug with twin Kads... know it ain't quite the same, but in a heavy bus it'll be more noticeable :)

I'm not even running an anti-pulse valve or owt..

Johnny said:
that engine looks as though its only got a single vac line to the left carb?

could both manifolds be drilled and tapped and two pipes into one using a t-joint, with the valve fitting on the pipe between the vac and t-joint?

I think the point of the APV is to balance out the vacuum signal when only using one manifold (or is it carb?), with two joined it might be OK
but don't quote me on that.

Now where to tap for the servo....?

There's a new electronic ignition unit on the market - Computronix

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=313744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=643993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ive seen cast manifolds with a raised ridge (for injectors or) for a vac line tap. Most homebrews i have seen were tapped about an inch or two below the carb on the mainfold where it merges.

I fitted pertronix 1 to my 009 with a bosch blue coil about 2 1/2 years ago when i fitted 36 drla's. No problems what so ever.

The only thing is i could do with a rolling road tune up cos i have ever really had the jets etc. analyzed properly.

I'm running a T25 dizzy in mine along with the rest of the parts from a Mk.2 Polo(loom, coil and TCi unit)
Been in there for over 5 years now with no problems 8)

86C said:
I'm running a T25 dizzy in mine along with the rest of the parts from a Mk.2 Polo(loom, coil and TCi unit)
Been in there for over 5 years now with no problems 8)

Lol now thats hotrodin' 8)

for what it's worth, i'm with 86c on this one. been running a t25 dizzy and amp set up taken from the breakers for not alot. been running for several years now no hassles. w.r.t vacum it's inconjuction with a pair of solex's and manifolds from a 16 t3. balance pipes blocked off, vacum taken of one side only, no pulse valves or whatever they are. runs/starts sweet mpg easy 30 on a run lightly loaded.

stagger lee said:
for what it's worth, i'm with 86c on this one. been running a t25 dizzy and amp set up taken from the breakers for not alot. been running for several years now no hassles. w.r.t vacum it's inconjuction with a pair of solex's and manifolds from a 16 t3. balance pipes blocked off, vacum taken of one side only, no pulse valves or whatever they are. runs/starts sweet mpg easy 30 on a run lightly loaded.

chiny.gif
Hmmm, any particular Wedge dizzy?

Latest posts