Engine bar bolts

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K@rlos

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Westfalia pop-top
I'm gonna get some high tensile bolts to mount my new motor, but I forgot to bring the old bolts home with me and will be a week before I go back to the workshop :roll: what size & length are the bolts that mount the bar to the case please.

Karl

Hi K@rl,

You'd better put some studs on your case so you know your bar is securely tightened on all case holes length.

Take a look on my 2165 case, with those 12.9 M10 and M8 studs tightened in the case, no more stripped threads. You can use spacers between case and bar in case of big oil pump and full flow cover and your studs are always full length torqued in your case.

2324647189.JPG

Bye! viNce

kombiporsche said:
Hi K@rl,

You'd better put some studs on your case so you know your bar is securely tightened on all case holes length.

Take a look on my 2165 case, with those 12.9 M10 and M8 studs tightened in the case, no more stripped threads. You can use spacers between case and bar in case of big oil pump and full flow cover and your studs are always full length torqued in your case.

2324647189.JPG

Bye! viNce

That is a brilliant idea! Thanks Vince :D

Latest posts