engine brace!!!!!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2matt

Reaction score
as a few might have read i had problems with my engine mounts.

so i went off to GSF nearest motorfactors and ask for engine mounts.
well went in and spoke to trevor who works in there, nearly always serves me, told him i needed the mounts,...............
while there he goes thru records and tells me i bought my last set only 11months ago and i can have the next set FREE 8) TOP BLOKE

anyway when i got home after showing a CHAV why vw's rule.
i decided to crack on with changing the mounts, to my SHOCK i found out that i had actually broke the engine brace aswell
309907158.jpg

so i needed another, so searching the net like mad, i remembered a company called COOLCAMPERS who supplied a roof for my bus.
called him and he said no probs matt can get 1 out for you on sunday and you can have it for £20. SORTED

so today i went and saw Gary at coolcampers and he sorted the brace out for me, so when i got home i got down to it and cleaned it up and painted it same as my engine
309907152.jpg

got old 1 off with a few probs but had to sit engine on a sleeper while paint dried, here they are both together before i fitted it to van
309907155.jpg

which means my webster is back on the road again

has anyone else had a problem like this happen to them???

I need to fit a new rubber mount, mine has torn, but looks to be off centre too :?

Will check when I fit the new ones :)

These 'ere engine mounts, do they all look like they've had a smack or should they be nice and straight? I've been looking at mine and it looks like it's twisted such that the two body mounting positions must be something like 20 degrees or so out of alignment.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ian

My left one looks flat, my right one looks like its been battered, but like you say I cant make out if its meant to be like it :?

Post up a pic of yours and I'll tell you if they look like mine :)

when i got my replacement gary told me that they do get twisted and snap.

its not rare to have a slightly damaged 1 dudes.

my old 1 had a few patches on it, but when it went just ment i needed to replace it.

if anyone else needs 1 call gary at COOLCAMPERS say matt sent you

here the link
http://www.coolcampers.co.uk/contact.html

Latest posts