Engine misfire when onboard electricity used - Confused

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tintop

Reaction score
I am extremely confused.

My van misfires and runs irratically at 4000 rpm in fourth gear when i switch on my 12v internal electric heater, which is powered by a lead from the dashboard cig lighter.

Once i turn it off the van runs fine.

What is going on?

Drawing to much electricity away from the ignition system, are you sure it's only when the heater is on?

Karl

is it feed from ign or batt live ,if its ign fed then yes its drawing to much power.

I will check.

The van has a new alternator so i'm assuming enough is being produced but couldn't understand why it would effect the engine.

If it is connected to the ignition barrel then i can see how that would cause the problem.

The dashboard was recently rewire by a 'professional' vehicle electrician who came highly recommended. So will have to double check his work!

had to use a "profesional"when had an ign pro on a modern jeeptook 3 hours to look sliced and cut the wiring loom about ,left it in a mess and then couldant find fault and chaged 80 quid!!!!!worked it out myself in the end ,crank sensor :roll:

Latest posts