Engine Running On

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analord

Reaction score
Hi, after having the camper tuned and 36 Dells re-jetted last year at Raceshack, it is running like a beauty. However, when the engine is switched off it seems to run on for a few seconds before cutting out. This seems to have got a little worse and my local mechanic has said that this is likely to be down to the tuning, stating that old MG Metro's used to have the same problem when at decent tune and suggested fitting a gulp valve which suck a load of air in on switch off, thus cutting the van out.

Does this sound right, as I can never recall this ever being mentioned and I wonder if something has not been set correctly as part of the re-jetting an tuning. On the basis Raceshack are no more (and I have read some of their feedback in terms of technical competence - though they were fine in terms of fixing my bus) do I need a revisit somewhere or is it something simple? I dont want to damage the engine of course but I love that extra power I am getting.

Thanks

Latest posts