Engine supplier

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattie

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m new to the Forum and I'm looking for some advice. :idea:
I may be soon joining the ranks of ownership with a very straight and honest tin top.
The only down side is that the owner said the engine uses or looses a pint of oil every 200 miles (only wet on the under side) ;) he recons it’s on it’s way out he said we can do a deal on the price against a recon engine.

What I would like to know is where is the best place to find one that will not break the bank?

The seller has been into VW’s for 40 years :msn4: so I think he’s telling the truth he’s been very honest from the get go.

welcome ,if its not burning oil then it may be just a seal gone ???? ,worth having a look or getting another opinion before shelling out £££ .i myself would reccomend jim at the engine shop ,he has allways helped me out and over time pretty much advised me on how to look after my own engine ,worth giveing him a ring IF you need an engine.
good luck :)

dub boy said:
welcome ,if its not burning oil then it may be just a seal gone ???? ,worth having a look or getting another opinion before shelling out £££ .i myself would reccomend jim at the engine shop ,he has allways helped me out and over time pretty much advised me on how to look after my own engine ,worth giveing him a ring IF you need an engine.

Thanks for the advice I'm going back to look at it again with a friend who's a mechanic a very good one at that.
I'll look up Jim just incase. 8)

mattie said:
dub boy said:

Thanks for the advice I'm going back to look at it again with a friend who's a mechanic a very good one at that.
I'll look up Jim just incase. 8)
no worries :)

We do a range of BRAND NEW and RECON engines at sensible prices, as an early bay member you can also get a 5% discount:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_page.render_pageID_834_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any advice needed feel free to email me direct [email protected]

As already mentioned, could be a seal or an oil leak rather than burning oil.

Mine used to use a similar amount - one of the pushrod tubes had a steady (slow) drip, especially when the engine was running. Fixed the leak, no more oil usage :)

Tofufi said:
As already mentioned, could be a seal or an oil leak rather than burning oil.

Mine used to use a similar amount - one of the pushrod tubes had a steady (slow) drip, especially when the engine was running. Fixed the leak, no more oil usage :)

That is what I'm hoping for but with the luck I have its going to be an engine :lol:
My mechanic friend will go over it with a fine tooth comb if it is just a leak we will still tty for the price of the engine off... 8)

Latest posts