engine support brace/bar advice..help !!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

68oldskool

Reaction score
oh here we go.....trying to fit vs exhaust to my 70 westy...vs j tubes wont clear support bar ?? been told its a weird rare kinda bar thats great for a full flow system which i have as early bars are hard to mod....anybody shed some light on what this bar is and which model it came from....early...late...early early...half late half early...72 crossover..im stumped...anyway it has to be chopped to fit the exhaust.....please help

I would hang fire before you chop it, if it's the type that allows lots of ground clearance then they are worth a few £££

Ps I think that type of bar is a cross over, if you look at Mychas thread I think he has one

the bar is a late type bar with the early type ends that are on the moutashe style...im told its a rare beast only used for a few early 72 models ??...anyway if you have one you will not be able to fit the vs exhaust and j tubes as it blocks the flanges..
anyway ive had to chop out sections and reweld them lower so j tube flanges can clear it...

I am on the look out for one of these bars, and have a standard moustache bar if you are interested in swapping?

here are the different types, sounds like you have the top one.

54C02A95-2061-4BEC-A50F-F07C74038E0F-115-00000049764EB7BB.jpg

Latest posts