Engine work

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Reaction score
Hi
Could anyone recommend somewhere where I could get my engine rebuilt in the west mids? The end float play is out of limits giving me a big oil leak(1.7mm) it's obviously trashed the flywheel seal so it's probably time for a fatter bearing.
Cheers
Wayne

I could tell you where not to take it, but will refrain from naming them at present.

Waiting for their synopsis on it seizing after less than 3 miles. Seems that the things they told me had been done having actually been done after talking to a 3rd party at Busfest.

Have a look into costs but it may be better value for money to go for one of our reconiditoned engines on an exchange basis, or a brand new unit.

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/vw-heritage-engines-components/vw-heritage-engines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just what he said ^^^^^ above. That`s what I did and it`s just so much easier, and quicker and mostly cleaner too. Every time you take an engine apart, you`ll come up against something else that needs replacing as well because it`s done a zillion miles as well as the parts that you think need doing, plus gaskets plus seals plus stripped bolts and new nuts and case savers and helicoils etc etc etc :cry: The fact that it also comes with a decent guarantee as well was what swung it for me. Ring Alex and talk turkey with him, he`s good to deal with ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Works for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts