ENGINE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yorkiebay

Reaction score
HI i have a 1500cc single port engine , can i use these crank cases to build a 1776cc engine :? if not why not thanks. :D

I would have thought so, it would need to be machined to accept the larger barrels though. If your budget allows I'd get a new Twinport case that is already machined to take 1776 barrels.

KArl

Single ports have only one oil pressure relief valve and I think smaller oil galleries, so 'might' not
be as suitable. What engine code is stamped on it ? B, AD etc.. with that info you (or I ) can refer to Keith Seume's book for more info.

rgds

James

sparkywig said:
Yes, there's a guy on thesamba with a 2.1 singleport, and my 1600 will be done when I've got some funds. :)
Interested in this (for future plans) any links to the samba build?

hi my bro still runs his 1776 single relief case I built for him years ago. that had 25k on it last time I saw him.

its not a racer its got flowed sp heads and icts on but goes well.

though it is in bug. its also done a yr in his van now ok

froggy said:
sparkywig said:
Yes, there's a guy on thesamba with a 2.1 singleport, and my 1600 will be done when I've got some funds. :)
Interested in this (for future plans) any links to the samba build?

No links mate, it's just someone I talk to over the pond. He doesn't get on there much as he thinks most of them are idiots. :lol:
I'll get more details soon.

Latest posts