Engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get and install a pressure gauge whilst its away. My engine shat itself years ago and If I had a gauge at the time I would have saw an indication that something wasn't right. I don't bother with a temp gauge personally but that's up to you

Yeah same advice Afonso gave me yesterday so I will get one ordered do you have any good links ? He’s adding a plug so I can add the sensor to the engine.

I use VDO myself but its up to you, my sender is remote with the oil filter with the wires running through the middle up to the dash at the front

So I took the plunge and contacted Afonso Motors as my engine failed on the way back from Skeg Vegas.. another story with getting back to Bristol with the AA recovery.

So Wednesday I pulled my motor out for first time in my life with some friends advice and did a great job on my own. Today I did a road trip to Wrexham where Abel @ Afonso Motors is located and boy does he know his stuff. He thinks mine failed on low oil pressure due to massive end float in my engine causing an over heat and possibly a con-rod bearing to collapse. He will advise at a later date but that was a basic test on some other play in the engine.

So end of October will hopefully be the collection date of my new engine due to him having a month holiday! Update will follow once I have the motor back home and installed.

Cheers Gabs.
Might be the absolute making of your van for you . And I’ve still never met Abel after all this time. I might even have to peddle harder now to keep up. Be very interesting to compare too :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,mine still pops along ok :)

Might be the absolute making of your van for you . And I’ve still never met Abel after all this time. I might even have to peddle harder now to keep up. Be very interesting to compare too :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,mine still pops along ok :)
He’s a nice genuine Guy like Gasman1 one said to me at DATC. He was just rolling stuff of my engine and saying you don’t need certain stuff and advising 175 viton needle jets are what’s needed and not the 150 I put in my carbs of late with the rebuild kit. Changing the fuel pump pressure to 2.5 bar by grinding the rod down rather than having my Malpassi filter. He did find a fault on my Petronix distributor with a lose igniter as the rivet has come loose for some reason and felt points and condenser are still the best way to be in a perfect set up. As he mentioned to many internet trolls. Lessons learnt I guess.

Gabs….

He’s a nice genuine Guy like Gasman1 one said to me at DATC. He was just rolling stuff of my engine and saying you don’t need certain stuff and advising 175 viton needle jets are what’s needed and not the 150 I put in my carbs of late with the rebuild kit. Changing the fuel pump pressure to 2.5 bar by grinding the rod down rather than having my Malpassi filter. He did find a fault on my Petronix distributor with a lose igniter as the rivet has come loose for some reason and felt points and condenser are still the best way to be in a perfect set up. As he mentioned to many internet trolls. Lessons learnt I guess.

Gabs….
Points and condenser, Yes Abel Yes.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, sounds a lot like me but he really knows what he’s talking about

Yeah same advice Afonso gave me yesterday so I will get one ordered do you have any good links ? He’s adding a plug so I can add the sensor to the engine.
Surely the best gauge/ gauges to have are c.h.t..
It's often said that by the time oil starts showing hot it's to late !.

Surely the best gauge/ gauges to have are c.h.t..
It's often said that by the time oil starts showing hot it's to late !.
Spot on there Gaz old buddy. I think you’ll find that aftermarket guages are purposefully set a little higher than the stock items specifically for this reason. Run both if you like being scared or worried.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,or run em but don’t connect em up,,,,like me :) :cool: :)

Latest posts