Eriba Puck or Pan owners?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesx

Reaction score
A couple of questions for Puck an Pan owners.

I have not yet purchased an Eriba and initially thought that a Puck would be good but having seen someone with a late Bay (yellow one) at V-Dub Island (if you are on the forum please forgive me as I have forgotten your name!) I wonder if that would be a better choice. A little heavier but a little more space I believe.

I plan on towing it with my 71 Bay which is fitted with a 1600 engine. Any issues with this? (apart from hills :D )

I will use UK sites but also ones in Europe. I have camped in some of the large Eurosite/Eurocamp sites in France several times but I rented the large static mobile homes and with some I had to park my car elsewhere in a car park rather near to the static caravan.

On the same sites I recall seeing some caravans with their tow cars alongside the caravans. I have read that some sites ask you to drag your van to its pitch and then re park your car elsewhere. Recently, I spent a week at Wood Farm caravan site in Charmouth and the tow vehicles were alongside their vans.

I plan on tow my van to a site and use my Eriba for my kids and I will sleep in my VW. So technically, I guess, I will have two caravans! But, obviously to do this, I need my VW next to the van.

So - my question is - what is the general rule or is it a matter of each site has it's own set of rules? In particular, in France does anyone know if I would have to pay for two caravans as, on a quick search, they seem to want to charge even for an extra tent! Bleedin' robbers!
Many thanks
Jules

You can tow either easily with a van, my puck was towed with a 1.2 modern fiat 500. If there's more than two of you, then pan deffo. The puck was JUST big enough for me and the wife with awning.

Every camp site will have their own rules.

Sold our puck when I found out the wife was pregnant last year

DSC_0832_zpshvzugqua.jpg

We used to go camping with out late bay towing a rapido folding caravan.
Most sites we stopped at ( after initial confusion ) only charged for the caravan as long as we weren't sleeping in the camper, only using it as a tow car!!
If you're planning using both for sleeping ( and you tell them so) I gues you'd be changed for both??? If you tell them!!!!

Webbaldo said:
You can tow either easily with a van, my puck was towed with a 1.2 modern fiat 500. If there's more than two of you, then pan deffo. The puck was JUST big enough for me and the wife with awning.

Every camp site will have their own rules.

Sold our puck when I found out the wife was pregnant last year

DSC_0832_zpshvzugqua.jpg

Nice - I think I recall seeing your 'For Sale' thread on VZI and at that time I had not decided that I wanted one. Didn't you restore that one? Good job!

Think you are a right about choosing a Pan - as cute as the Pucks they are very small!

Lee C said:
We used to go camping with out late bay towing a rapido folding caravan.
Most sites we stopped at ( after initial confusion ) only charged for the caravan as long as we weren't sleeping in the camper, only using it as a tow car!!
If you're planning using both for sleeping ( and you tell them so) I gues you'd be changed for both??? If you tell them!!!!

Thanks Lee - I hear what you are saying! :D

Yeah I did cheers, shell was ok but inside was shot. Rebuilt the inside and vinyl wrapped the outside

Latest posts