estimates for bodywork

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strutt

Reaction score
Hey,
I need some work carrying out on my bus.
Went to see a fella today, real nice chap, his work looked tidy too.
Now all I want todo is to ask if what I was quoted was a good price (been ripped off on mechanicals before)
To start with I'm going to have:
2 new rear arches
Repairs or new rear corners
New rear vallence
All filled and primed.

Quoted around 1k,
I need more doing than this but just gets the ball rolling. He did say I might need a complete blow over to get all the colour to match nicely
I know I'm opening a can of worms, but I really want a tidy bus.

Cheers

Where do you live mate?

I have a friend who has garage facilities and can probably do that cheaper?

We're doing mine up at the moment, it needed the lower front panel changing and now you can't tell it's been replaced.

I'm in coventry and this guy is about 15 miles away so I can pop and see him when the works being done, might learn a thing or 2.......

To be honest I think that quote is very reasonable. To get bus rear arches looking spot on is a very time consuming job, and the fit of the new rear corners tends to take a while as well. Bear in mind all the other little bits that he will have to repair while he is at it, inner arches, sill ends, battery trays etc.

That little lot could easily take him the the best part of a week, at £25 per hour (Im just guessing his hourly rate but most folk charge about that) plus panels...

Sounds reasonable to me :)

have you tried Charlie off camper van crisis, he is in bedworth and supposed to be very competative. Its not the easitest place to find, i went looking and though i was lost till i asked someone and it was just around the corner.

Im in Bedworth, dont have a contact number for him (he wasnt in the other week when i found the place) but intend to go back soon to get a price on filler/paint for mine once ive done the bodywork

Also theres a couple of guys work out of a unit at the back end of aldermans green (on the way to Bulkington), and another pair who work out of a Farm unit in Bulkington. Can PM you details of them all if interested. I took mine to these two places to get ideas of prices (effectively they said a grand a third) but as i had time then decided to tackle it my self, a year on and im about two thirds through

Latest posts