Ever met your hero ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hippysteven said:
I was lucky enough to sit 2 seats behind the rocket Ronnie O'sulivan at the snooker world championship on my birthday and he looked at me, does that count ? :D

Pre being world champion i ran with ronnie regularly at Hainault forest and he did seem a genuinely nice guy,plus he was in awe of me because he couldn't run up the hills as fast as I could

Had beers with Leo sayer in Romford,he was down to earth and keen to drink

I'm sure there is more

Would'nt say a hero but as soon as i saw him i knew who he was and try'd to get a photo/autograph, terry crews in las vegas in march, walking through THEhotel, mandaley bay
Got no where near him!!, too many security and women!!

Being a bass player for over 20 years Flea from the chili peppers was always a huge inspiration to me...
Got to meet him and Chad the drummer backstage at the O2 a year or so ago...

He was really nice and extremely short with a limp handshake... But still friendly enough all the same!

I on the other hand lamed right out and whilst the guy I was working with chatted to him I just stood there agog unable to say a word!!!

Didnt get a picture unfortunately but got my bass scratch plate signed and nicked his set list off the stage!!!!

was in the bar at Donnington Park years ago and spent some time talking to George Harrison and Barry Sheen! Unfortunately my heroes were John Lennon and Mike Hailwood :( But I never let on. ;)

I met Ian Rush down at Fisherman's Wharf in San Franscisco during the USA World Cup. I was on my way to work with my bud Rick and walked straight past him, i said rather loudly "HOLY F**K, ITS RUSHIE" totally dumb struck. He laughed and called us back, bought him a pint of Guinness and got one back. He was quite surprised as he thought we were yanks due to the mahogany tan initially, no one else knew who he was, bar a few Irish lads in the bar we were drinking in. A total gent, down to earth and had no problems with a few pictures and seemed interested in what we were doing. He had been hero of mine since the early eighties.

bit left field compared to you footy fans, but i used to climb back in the day and shared a urinal with chris bonnington at a climbers pub in glencoe one winter, he was obviously desperate because he came in and said budge up, and there we where hanging out together :oops: quite surreal but what do you say to a man who's been up everest 4 times 8)

Ooo some corkers! ive met a few of my heros (mainly music related) got pissed with Keith Richards on more than 1 occasion at his house :mrgreen: went on a champagne drinking mission with bjork round Glastonbury ;) As with Thru a lupe ive also met the chillis but donkeys ago and they got us in cos a friend was seeing Anthony! mad night and great fun 8)

Had a beer with a huge hero of most last week, but you will just have to guess ;) as he is er a private kind of dood 8)

Back in '99 I met my all time guitar hero whilst in Selfridges on Oxford Street.
Mick Jones from the Clash - I must have spent about 30 minutes chatting to one of the soundest people I've ever met in the music business.
He even signed the only piece of paper I could find!
7F22338C-5E5A-4FAE-A447-21AD07D9A2E1-2387-00000341BBC958E5.jpg

Latest posts