External oil coolers with fans??? anyone got them

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mate.........mounted it to a made up box section which is welded to the floor.
The problem with it is its size!!

I had no room to put it up near the gearbox so its up as far as i can get it but its still low and ive got to be very careful with speed humps etc.....

Will sort out pics Fri for ya.

I have thought maybe cut the second floor pan and try to fit in there, just have to make sure theres plenty of room for air flow etc...

This is the way mine is set up, the mechanic didn't want to go under the car as some meathead has it too low all the time.
It may cause a problem in summer as 1/2 the air is going through the oil cooler before it gets to the the fan.
A mate said to fit a little thermo fan and make up a shroud for it if there is a problem in the hot weather. I'm still looking for a suitable fan, any ideas?
If I can't sort it I iwll just have to pull up somewhere shady and have a cool drink.
June23.2007014.jpg

Wider view.
June23.2007012.jpg

Don't some BIG Japanese bikes have small fans (Goldwings?)?
Otherwise you could rig up a couple of high speed fans from a computer - they're 12V I think :lol:

;)

the one ive ordered come with a fan, and will have a thermostat switch too

prob gonna mount it under the bus, between the chassis rails

Justin & Mutley said:
Don't some BIG Japanese bikes have small fans (Goldwings?)?
Otherwise you could rig up a couple of high speed fans from a computer - they're 12V I think :lol:

;)
Nearly all bikes have small fans on them, you can pick them up cheap from bike breakers. I don't think computer fans would shift enough air. My brother in laws split came over from the states with the oil cooler bolted over the fan housing intake hole,not a good idea me thinks.

Didnt kevlondon?? have a thread about his turbo & oil cooler installation? It was either here on on volkszone, seem to remember that was also the cooler with the fan fitted to it.

yes it on here in the gallery section.
dont put the oil cooler higher than your engine as you can get air in the system :wink:

Latest posts