Extra driving lighting for abroad

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3crispies

Reaction score
Doing a few night trips this year on our trip abroad, am a bit concerned that with our lighting and beam benders fitted the visability wont be too good. Seeing as its our first night driving in bus was wondering if we fitted extra driving lights and aimed them for abroad driving it would be legal in France. Seen some amber driving lights that I could fit under bumper may help or just spots but they would be mounted above bumper, any thoughts or advice.

My advice would be to keep it simple. Upgrade your existing wiring and fuses to the headlamps: cheap, safe and less disruptive, then fit some Mk1 golf headlamps. Mine are now perfect ly good for 55mph

Agree with the above. I recently had my original headlight reflectors re-silvered, and the difference is amazing. Coupled with new wiring and some upgraded bulbs, you should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

have already upgraded wiring and have 65w/75w upgraded lamps, just with beam benders fitted wasnt sure how effective they would be. van is being Motd in morning so any upgrade wont affect Mot. When driving long night trips here they are good but obviously nowhere near as good as modern. Just throwing ideas out really as wont know roads abroad at night......

Latest posts