Finally got one

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Its taken a long time but finally managed to buy my first early bay, a 68 deluxe microbus :D

I'm sure I will be picking everyone's brains with questions but for now here are some pics of the new van.

Wonderful, that has got to be one of the best intro`s ever :mrgreen: , I`m guessing your name is Bernie, You`ve got a bus and more importantly,, here`s some piccies, it don`t get much betterer than that :p . SO ! You have the bus, now what`s the plan

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice bus :mrgreen:

Love the colour and the number plate placement ... but I'm biased of course :)

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some more pics

Hi Ozziedog.....

The van is solid, as far as i can tell! It has some awesome character and wears its dents and scrapes with pride. So first job is to get it protected so that it stays that way, especially the underside :)

My girfriend and I want to use it for camping so thinking about converting the interior. It's a walk through model but currently has a full set of 9 original microbus seats including the double seat upfront that bridges the walk through gap. I guess I will have to remove them all to make it work as a camper but I've only had it a week and already attached to the factory seat set up..... decisions decisions ;)

Apart from that I am just enjoying driving about in it..... oh and standing, transfixed, looking at it in the garage haha :lol:

I know all the little things and feelings that go through your mind. Your bus your rules is the only thing to remember 8) Don`t forget that anything you take out of the bus can be stored and go back in if required if you`d like to change back. By all means plan how you are going to have it inside, try and make the units curve around to be different, we mostly all do that :roll: Only word of warning is to see what is possible at shows etc and see how it fits in with people before you finally decide on the layout :shock: Most people nowadays don`t cook inside the van because of cooking type pongs and fat splatters etc and as it`s their pride and joy, they tend to cook in the awning as I do where you have a little more space to run around with the pancake tossing and the frying pan on fire and all the other misadventures that come with cooking whilst partly intoxicated :lol: Your bus seats can be modified to become a double bed in the bus to keep it as a microbus, however most peeps that run this setup eventually kick it out and fix up a rock and roll bed for comfort. But go to the shows,, see what can be done,, maybe adapt a little of this and a little of that and plan and build your dream interior.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Some shows left for this year too ????? :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Really nice bus mate, a savannah beige 68 microbus just like mine - except, y'know, a lot cleaner :D Enjoy!

Latest posts